Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just write "SOLD"

Just write "SOLD"

I belong to another forum with a For Sale feature. There, when an item is sold, the seller deletes the title (e.g., FS: Tacking Iron) and writes "SOLD."

This permits the moderators to delete all such posts, keeping that part of the forum manageable.

Just a thought....

Peter
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

Re: Just write "SOLD"

I would prefer that the completed sales remain on the board. It's good to be able to judge price trends over a six/eight month period of time to know what a "fair price" might be based on recent sales. This benefits both buyer and seller.

The seller should always post that an item was sold but I'd like the listing and subject line remain.

Pretty sure mods want as little as possible to do with FS sections, and don't need another thankless job.

Let it be as is, and history is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Let it be as is, and history is a good thing.
    +2

Deleting completed sales benefits noone but future sellers, depriving buyers of the ability to check price history.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Marking the item sold is good, but not deleting the post, the pictures if any are a great resource.

The preference here is for the seller to post a follow-up indicating the item has been sold. Allowing sellers (the thread creator) to edit the initial post can get messy.

Yup, mark as SOLD but keep the post. Often times it's a wealth of information as people chime in so is a great resource.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Preston Birdwell

Although I haven't purchased from a forum member in quite a while, I still look at the threads to see what's up. Keeping all the threads open as a resource gets my vote.

Question for Ralph: Is there a way to add a permission so that the OP can add the word, "Sold" to the thread title without being able to edit his original ad?

This would atert us that the item has been sold without having to read all the replies.

Thanks,

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Question for Ralph: Is there a way to add a permission so that the OP can add the word, "Sold" to the thread title without being able to edit his original ad?

This would atert us that the item has been sold without having to read all the replies.

Thanks,

--P
    I don't believe so, but I'm not a vBulletin guru.

Preston Birdwell

Thanks, Ralph.

I thought that was so. I'm no coder, either.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."