Thread: adjusting rotation on Uniroller?

adjusting rotation on Uniroller?

So I just received my Jobo expert drum 3010 and I'm itching to use it on a uniroller base I purchased on eBay. I found that because the drum is so wide, the uniroller does not complete one full rotation before it changes direction. I'm assuming it needs to complete at least a full rotation to be effective. Does anybody know if this can be adjusted somehow or am I SOL??

Thanks!!

I use a Jobo 3010 on a reversing Unicolor roller just like yours, except that I don't set it to reverse direction (for the reason you just mentioned). Instead, I manually pick up the drum and turn it around on the roller every 30 seconds. I've never done it any other way, and I haven't encountered any problems that I'm aware of. I have a flexible funnel ($5 at the big Home store) that I use to pour in my chemicals while the drum is spinning.

I think this was talked about a few times in the past. I use the 352 roller that doesn't have an option to either reverse or not. I defeated the mechanical reversing switch and put in some home built electronics to control the reversing time. Easy enough if you know some about 555 timers. But you can also just disable the reverse switch (look to figure out how) and use Leslie's method. Or easier yet just try it as-is without a complete revolution. I believe that people have done that and it worked fine. I'm not even sure if an Expert drum really needs to turn a complete revoltion before reversing. I modified my roller to 2 revoltions like a Jobo because I wanted to go through the testing of a new processing system with as few possible problems as I could. If something was weird I'd have to figure out if it was the rotation reversing too quickly or something else. But if you have the time testing as-is is probably worth the effort compared to modifing. I also use the flexible funnel and fill while turning. But I have read of others who just pour the chemicals in and then put the drum on the base and start. You might give that a try if you dislike the funnel method.

Question about flexable funnel; Do you guys just use this with the devloper, or do you leave the funnel attatched during the stop, fix, ect.? I must be miss understanding how you are doing this. I have a home made motor base, and was trying to figure out a way to rig up a home made " lift system". Do you have picture of how you are doing this?

Thanks
    Dan

I just hold the funnel end in the drum hole while it's turning and pour. You have to go slow to avoid spilling a lot. I do have some minor spills. I use the funnel for everything. It's really not attached the way I use it. To empty I pour the fluid out the drum hole.

The other problem is the drum walking off the roller. I use a wooden u-shaped base to limit it's travel but anything that does the job can be used. Be carefull as it can fall right off.