Thread: View Camera Magazine in Canada - What's Going On?

William D. Lester

View Camera Magazine in Canada - What's Going On?

As Process Photo who were the distributors for View Camera Magazine and Camera Arts Magazine in Canada are no longer in business - actually they were purchased and the purchaser is not honouring any subscriptions - all Canadian subscriptions to these magazines are no more. Nor are there any magazines for sale at the local Chapter's Book Store. When I contacted View Camera Magazine about this directly through their web site back in mid September, Steve answered me promptly, apologized, mentioned that he was owed quite a bit of money from the Canadian distributor and suggested that I subscribe directly. I did that on Sept 17 and paid using Pay Pal which is what was required by View Camera. I have a payment receipt from Pay Pal but never did get any acknowledgement from the magazine. Nor have I received any magazines. I have attempted to contact View Camera 3 times by e-mail and once by telephone, all with no response. I simply want to be assured that my new subscription is in order and I will begin receiving magazines. Is there no one home at View Camera?

Octogenarian

William,

It might help if you were to also post your inquiry directly on the View Camera website at www.viewcamera.com (click on forum). I'm surprised that they didn't answer the phone. Could have been due to the staff being involved with the PhotoPlus show in N.Y.

Eugene

I have also emailed VC several times and received one belated response which barely answered one of the questions I have relating to my subscription. In my experience, they could benefit greatly with some guidance on customer service.

William,

A friend of mine bought a direct subscription to VC at the start of this year beginning with the Mar/Apr issue. At the same time he bought me a 'gift' sub. The last issue we received was Jul/Aug. We did not receive the Sep/Oct issue and throughout our sub we never received a 'web code' for additional web access. My friend has emailed and called VC several times. To date the problem has not been corrected. I would not call this acceptable customer service.

Octogenarian

Don and Roger,

I've been a subscriber of View Camera for over ten years. On a few occasions, I experienced difficulties, because I moved to another location and changed my address. The staff was more than helpful over the phone and corrected the problem immediately. At one of my previous locations, I suspected that someone at the local post office was "borrowing" my copy. A talk with the postmaster at that branch solved the problem. Meanwhile, View Camera sent me another copy, at no charge, to cover my loss. The people at the former Cal. office, as well as the present N.M. office have always been helpful and treated me with courtesy over the phone. I have never attempted to communicate with them by e-mail, however.

Four years ago I bought a big lot of back issues and a subscription to be mailed to a friend in the US ( they don't ship abroad ?!?). My friend got the back issues but the subscription he is still waiting! The email I got from them was that I did not pay for the subscription but they charged my credit card for it. I really don't care, they need the money more than I do, God bless.

Jacques

If you will e-mail me and describe the problem we will work to correct itas soon as we can.
    steve

Mr. Lester and i are e-mailing to get this problem solved.

steve simmons