Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: finding nude models???

Re: finding nude models???

I haven't updated my MM in years, I've had more success with finding legitimate models thought Instagram haha.

That said I've shot with models from both.

And I agree the traveling ones generally charge about $100

If you're new to shooting nudes, try working with someone who's also inexperienced, be honest and tell them that. No reason to waste your time shooting the best model right off the batt... Use someone who sucks to practice on

Re: finding nude models???

See if you can find a workshop or even a Meet Up group in your area that promote a figure workshop as opposed to a glamour nude workshop. I know that when I 1st started, I was quite nervous and all the poses I had imagined went out the window, but watching other participants and how they interacted with the model gave me ideas and made me less self conscious. It also helped that the workshop was held in a large old building with plenty of natural light so we didn't have to light it with strobes that would necessitates pocket wizards or some other triggering device.

I think one of the most important aspects was having a very experienced model. The experienced model knows how her body moves and usually will have a number of poses that she knows will look good. Experienced models will also be comfortable being nude and in my case made the process of communicating and directing that much easier. I was not only new at shooting the figure but was also new to LF as well. If the model had been inexperienced or self conscious as well I'm not sure that the session would have been as enjoyable as it was. As it turned out I got some good images, one that still hangs in our home today 20 years later.

Those images from that 1st workshop were a start and it allowed me to show other models what I was looking for. I think that if they had not been as successful I would have had a much harder time attracting other models to work with me.

Regards