Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PNW guide

Re: PNW guide

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    ...are those prices without tax? or if i buy from the store they will apply some kind of taxes?
    They will add the retail sales tax to the listed prices. It will be about 9.5% tax.

I see, hmmmmmmm, as expected, maybe i will not shoot too many films then,

Thanks!

These guys are located in Seattle and do a decent job. They don't do 4x5 E6 however.

http://www.pandalab.com

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Good to know, thanks!

I am not sure which film, but i think definitely that part screams Velvia, so definitely E6, but i have to decide first if i will take film with me, i didn't find anyone to meet there as a friend and guide and helping so i will not carry everything, digital is all what i need and more than enough, but i have some small MF film cameras such as Fuji 6x9 and Mamiya 7II and Holga, also i have a lightweight field LF camera, but i didn't use it and i don't think i want to waste time on using LF if i can't see much there on time.

I divided my trip plan to photograph into 2 categories:

1. Landscapes

2. Cityscapes

Under landscapes i divided also into 3:

1. Mountains with surrounds [valleys, lakes]
    2. Waterfalls
    3. Beaches

I don't think i will do portraits much there.
    Numbers 2 and 3 on your landscape list would be well served on the Olympic Penninsula which offers a stunning variety of waterfalls and beaches in a relatively compact (for the West) area.
    http://www.nps.gov/olym/index.htm
    If you are concerned about driving in a foreign country consider contacting one of the Universities around Seattle. Maybe they can connect you to a student with a car that you can hire to be your guide.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    These guys are located in Seattle and do a decent job. They don't do 4x5 E6 however.

http://www.pandalab.com
    Thanks, i will give them a look!

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Numbers 2 and 3 on your landscape list would be well served on the Olympic Penninsula which offers a stunning variety of waterfalls and beaches in a relatively compact (for the West) area.
    http://www.nps.gov/olym/index.htm
    If you are concerned about driving in a foreign country consider contacting one of the Universities around Seattle. Maybe they can connect you to a student with a car that you can hire to be your guide.
    Well, i know about locations, and Olympic NP in fact is on top list in Washington, i have a list of locations i want to visit in Washington and Oregon only, and with trying to shorten it i've got about 15 spots, that is with shrinking the numbers of the locations, if i didn't do that then i may end up with hundreds or thousands, so i focused on the most popular spots there including Olympic Peninsula.

I am not good in contacting universities/colleges, even if i do i may take very long time to find something and i don't think i will have time for that, and calling them from overseas it will cost my calls, messages are slow to be replied, also i don't know the good universities there who can really help, either i have googling all universities in Seattle or i should start a thread somewhere asking about all universities in PNW or Seattle then i start to contact one by one.

It is really sad to see many shooters going around to locations and they are not willing to help some visitors or tourists who are sharing same interest, if someone coming to my country and asking me to take them around to where i go at the time i shoot i will be more than pleased to do, i know if i help then one day i will need it from others, but sounds in all sites i posted they all pointed me to either paid workshops or hire a car and drive by myself or hire a driver which is the worst option.

Ok, i will keep reading and searching until the time of my travel and hope i can find something that will help me there.

Thank you very much