Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Glass Magazine

Re: Looking Glass Magazine

Thanks so much, Penny!

Quote Originally Posted by P Wright View Post
    I subscribed for a year. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
    Penny

Jan and I exchanged quite a few emails and calls while I was creating the inaugural issue of Looking Glass. He has been an enormous help, and I'm very grateful. Thank you, Jan!

We have some exciting features planned for future issues. You'll probably hear about it on Facebook, since I'm usually not able to keep surprises secret for too long.

Mule-time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pietrzak View Post
    Laura and Amanda, have been working on this idea for a while and I am so glad that is finally up and done. I look forward to see what will happen next. I know that Laura has been really been working hard to make this e-zine the best she can. Lord knows the number of e-mails and calls we have had. I wish both Laura and Amanda the best of luck in this venture and the rest of their project, there will be more to come. So, get your copies, she has some real surprises for future issues. Oh and I am in.

Jp

Downloaded the first copy open because I couldn't work out how to subscribe. Best $3.50 I've spent in ages. All power to Laura and Amanda.
    Cheers Shane

Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Downloaded the first copy open because I couldn't work out how to subscribe. Best $3.50 I've spent in ages. All power to Laura and Amanda.
    Thank you for your support Shane! I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't work out how to subscribe. A friend reported a similar problem. Thank you for letting me know. (I'll put a note up on our website.) If you wish to change your subscription to one-year, just drop me a line, and I'll comp you a 7th issue. Here's the direct link to both subscription options. (One-year and single issues.) http://www.joomag.com/en/newsstand/l...3976383?ref=ib
    Best,
    Laura

Bought the 1st issue, and am very impressed. A very well-done publication that allows the text and images to dominate.
    I've for long admired Foschi's work in large format. His newer style is also very good.
    Though published in 2002, Sanderson's book "Night Photography" is still a valuable resource & inspiration. Glad to see his work featured in your magazine.
    van Huyck Photography
    "Searching for the moral justification for selfishness" JK Galbraith

I think it's more that I'm a idiot than your site. There is a big button that says subscribe that I didn't see.
    Cheers Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Howk View Post
    Bought the 1st issue, and am very impressed. A very well-done publication that allows the text and images to dominate.
    I've for long admired Foschi's work in large format. His newer style is also very good.
    Though published in 2002, Sanderson's book "Night Photography" is still a valuable resource & inspiration. Glad to see his work featured in your magazine.
    Thank you for purchasing our first issue, Doug. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it. I love Foschi's Women portfolio. His Los Angeles portfolio (on his web site) is equally great.

Sanderson's night work is some of the best I've seen. He's so very talented.

We have a really nice surprise planned for the next issue. I can't wait to publish it so it can be shared with everyone.

Best,
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    I think it's more that I'm a idiot than your site. There is a big button that says subscribe that I didn't see.
    I actually missed that big subscribe button, the first time myself. Thank you for pointing it out. I added a note to the website just in case.

I had some trouble subscribing with my iPad because some of the pages where cut off on the right had side. But with a little perseverance I was able to subscribe. I have only glanced at the first issue but so far I'm very impressed. I'll have time this weekend to sit down and really enjoy it.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    I had some trouble subscribing with my iPad because some of the pages where cut off on the right had side. But with a little perseverance I was able to subscribe. I have only glanced at the first issue but so far I'm very impressed. I'll have time this weekend to sit down and really enjoy it.

Roger
    Hi Roger! Thank you so much for subscribing! Just a heads up... the best viewing environment (for now) is a laptop or desktop computer. I'm waiting on an app update for iOS, which is due to be released in about a month. Some of the features, such as html popup, and videos, may not function properly when viewed on mobile iOS, such as the iPad. That issue will be resolved when the app is released. I'm anxious to view it on my iPad too.

Thanks again -- LC