Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Glass Magazine

Re: Looking Glass Magazine

Thank you Jim, for contributing work and writing for No. 10!

Looking Glass No. 11

Looking Glass No. 11: http://lookingglasszine.com/shop/

Dear Brothers and Sisters of the Sacred Bellows,

As with children, we aren’t supposed to have a favorite. That said, this issue stands out among the crowd. Although we plan months in advance, a slot for this contributor or that article, a Looking Glass issue takes on a life of its own and No. 11 is no exception. Eleven is considered good luck in numerology, and I would be remiss not to quote Nigel Tufnel at this point, “This one goes to eleven.” A theme has emerged, they always do, and No. 11 is a how-to manual. It’s not a technical how-to, but a spiritual guide that helps us look inward and reflect on why we do what we do, and how being more present as we work will result in better photographs.

First, an exciting announcement, John Wimberley is going to be a regular contributor for Looking Glass and we would like to welcome him with open arms. As you will see in this issue, Wimberley is a captivating writer and a brilliant photographer. Rather than an essay about the photographs, his piece is an exploration on a way of being, and how a philosophy for conscious living impacts his photography and the creative process.

Also In this issue:
    Gordon Undy shares his valuable insight with a photograph by John Wimberley in Undy’s ongoing feature, My Collection. In One for the Road, Jeremy Rabie gives us an inside look at the challenges of learning, and relearning photography later in life. Take a look at our interview with Tom Rambaut and images from his project. You certainly can’t accuse Looking Glass of not covering the Australian rodeo! In Ramblings, David Roberts encourages us to nurture our appreciation for a photographic road less traveled.

Finally, as we walk this quest together, I ask you to participate! How, dear reader, does your inner voice speak to you as you make photographs? We would love to know, and we will post some responses in issue No. 12 and on our Facebook page. You will find the secret link in The Form of a Question.

Looking Glass Shop: http://lookingglasszine.com/shop/

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

LC it looks good on my phone! We have to go to Starbucks to get internet until we can figure out how to get it to the house. At least I can see it on a bigger screen. It looks great. I love John's work

Looks great on my IPad and phone. Great to hear John Wimberley will be a regular contributor, been a fan for some time. Outstanding issue as always. The new WeTransfer sure work well, what an improvement. Laura, thanks for an outstanding magazine.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    LC it looks good on my phone! We have to go to Starbucks to get internet until we can figure out how to get it to the house. At least I can see it on a bigger screen. It looks great. I love John's work
    Thanks, Jim! I love John's work and writing. He's an amazing artist.

Are there cable providers in your area? I've used satellite service in DV. When I camped in the 'hills for a few months in 2008, I had a broadband device that worked pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    Looks great on my IPad and phone. Great to hear John Wimberley will be a regular contributor, been a fan for some time. Outstanding issue as always. The new WeTransfer sure work well, what an improvement. Laura, thanks for an outstanding magazine.

Roger
    Oh good! I'm happy to hear this -- thanks, Roger. We're really excited that John is joining us. I think his column will explain how he makes photographs, maybe similar to Adams' book.

LarryH

Laura, just sent you an email. I purchased issue #11 and clicked the download button. The magazine appeared briefly and then disappeared, nowhere to be found. I sent you my PayPal transaction info.

Thanks, Larry! I'm glad the issue with iBooks was resolved with a link to WeTransfer.

LarryH

Looking Glass Magazine

Thank you for your immediate help Laura! It appears that the problem was on my end. I am enjoying issue #11.

Just subscribed this magazine for one year last night, but could not see a download button. How can I download the current issue? Thanks.