Thread: Hi from France (near Paris)

Hi from France (near Paris)

I've been registered for quite a while, but not active. I posted something today, so I guess that makes me active.

First used LF in around 1977/78. For many years it was all I used in my everyday work as a photographer, 10x8 and 5x4 depending on budget. Born and brought up in Edinburgh, Scotland. Studied photography at Napier University (then called Napier College) in Edinburgh. Moved to London pretty much immediately after completing my degree and worked there for 13 years before moving to Paris, where 10x8 became redundant. I never met anyone in Paris who used it, whereas in London I had many friends who used it daily like myself. 5x4 became 6x9 when I moved to digital in the late nineties.

This is me : www.grantsymon.com

Re: Hi from France (near Paris)

Grant, normally I don't respond to new members at random, but it bothers me that no one responded to your "arrival" at all. Especially given that I lived for a while in the U.K., travelled around a bunch, and also spent time in Paris, I had to say something! I also visited your site, you clearly can (or have) illustrated some cookbooks. So welcome!

Welcome Grant. What are you using at the moment?
    Pete

Welcome to the land of those with large format tools or wishful that they had.

Welcome aboard!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Thanks for the welcome.

(Pete, I use Arca-Swiss 6x9, which isn't strictly LF, but the front and rear elements do move around pretty freely, so I think it counts. I have two and have been thinking of selling one I don't use any more and noticed a lot of interest here last week for the one sold from Switzerland, so maybe I'll post it on the for sale board.)

Welcome to the club.
    I assume that you won't be surprised to see here some European members in general including some French people living in Arca-Swiss-Ville.

And since you already know ou MF+LF forum & web site , http://www.galerie-photo.info and http://www.galerie-photo.com ...
    ... I do not have to advertise heavily for our informal gatherings in France.
    We try to organise a 2-days conference every 2 years, the last one was held in Graçay in October 2013, we hope to organise the next one in October 2015.

In between, look for regional 1-day informal gatherings, the last one was organised in Burgundy (Beaune and St Jean de Losne) last month. We had a few people coming from Paris : car-pooling was organised through the forum.

+ 1
    "I believe there is nothing more disturbing than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept!" (Ansel Adams)

https://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel BIGLER View Post
    Welcome to the club.
    I assume that you won't be surprised to see here some European members in general including some French people living in Arca-Swiss-Ville.
    Isn't the internet a funny place and what a nice town Besançon is.