Thread: Linhof Tripod Professional-R-Stativ Mod S420R

Linhof Tripod Professional-R-Stativ Mod S420R

I have a Professional-R-Stativ Heavy-Duty Pro Tripod and not a clue what its worth! It came with 5 other tripod ina auction. This one seems to be stronge enough to hold ME up 190lbs. My Question is where can i learn more about this and what's it worth. Maybe where i could sell it even? its used and looks 20 years old I'm guessing from the style?

You cvan call us tomorrow. The catalog number you have has not been in use in decades. Does it have metal or wood legs? Center column? Head? Dolly?

You can call us 9 to 5 EST at 800 735 4373.

Current list is several thousand dollars new depending on how it is equipped.

Wow, I thought I was touched for dropping $450 for my Ries. I guess that I'm saner than I thought. Go figure.

Would love to see a photo of the beast. It may be worth alot more, but it'd be hard to get a thousand bucks for any photo tripod on eBay.

Linhof heavy duty pro twin-shank tripod preferably with geared (with reduction gear mechanism!) centre column were popular in europe thirty years ago or so. For LF in studio use. Very much to heavy for outdoor use - at least when you are to far away to see the car (my experience). I had one briefly - bougth at nice price from a retired photographer - and found it to heavy for my use (LF outdoor) and had a big trouble selling it - nobody wanted that heavy (about 9 kilo or so with that geared studio-column & pan-tilt head) an outdoor tripod, and all studio users rather wanted the wheel-going studio-stands by Cambo, IFF or other. Finally sold mine for what I payd for it 2500,- or so norwegian - = about $$400. Now I have a Manfrotto M 029: new it is a fraction of the price of the Linhof, less than half the weight - and still a very stable twin shank tripod but a sort of portable for short walks (up to one-and-a-half car-distances....). Looking at eby USA it is apparent that Linhof equipment is very much more sought-after in US than here in scandinavia, where technicas & related Linhof items very much were standard-issue in every photographers studio in 50 - 60's (thus a lot of thech' III's, quite a lot of the ugly kardan-color (technica-on-a-rail) monorail and some less technica IV's around). I guess You might get more paid for it in US than I got for mine. My were the -60 or 70 version with chrome trim and grey/tan-colored cover on the tubing of the twin-shank legs. Black version certainly more valuable.