Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Returned goods for the For Sale section, some guidelines?

Re: Returned goods for the For Sale section, some guidelines?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Oy... oy vay... this is getting MESHUGGINA.

I know of one photo forum that charges a fee to post FS (there may be more than one but that is all I personally know)... but APUG is not one of htem. APUG offers subscriptions that inlcudes access to additional forums, one of which is a FS forum. That hardly makes APUG a commercial site. Having a FS forum here hardly makes this site commercial either.
    How do you define a commercial site? Just curious. I'm not criticizing Shawn-nothing wrong with his model. Heck I have a commercial business myself. But he uses the site to generate income right? Sounds commercial to me.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    How do you define a commercial site? Just curious. I'm not criticizing Shawn-nothing wrong with his model. Heck I have a commercial business myself. But he uses the site to generate income right? Sounds commercial to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffner View Post
    ... a can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post

Ginette made a reasonable suggestion about a general guideline, and we have considered it. We don't think it will do any good, but it could do harm.

Rick "who'll give you one last shot before closing this thread, which is feedback now fully considered" Denney
    I agree with Kirk that this whole area is problematic for the forum, and with Rick in that general guidelines would not do any good, and might do harm. In fact, my personal opinion is that the Buyer Advisory section has done more harm than good because it appears to give a positive stamp to some sellers, when in fact the next transaction by any seller could result in discord with the buyer. It seems to be kind of a slippery slope that justifies more involvement in specific sales by the moderators.

In my personal opinion the forum should simply emphasize the fact that use of the For Sale area is strictly at your own risk, and avoid any more involvement. It is now stated in red, which seems to make this fact evident. Those who have trouble reaching satisfactory outcomes might be better off with ebay and paypal, or other forums like APUG that appear to have the moderation staff to handle the issue.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    In fact, my personal opinion is that the Buyer Advisory section has done more harm than good because it appears to give a positive stamp to some sellers, when in fact the next transaction by any seller could result in discord with the buyer.
    100% ratings on eBay are no guarantee of what's to come, only of what has already happened, so ratings or endorsements are equally valid/unvalid.

That said, I'm happy to give a positive stamp to someone here because I've been shown so much kindness here since day 1.

Like Ken, I try to buy only from people I know have a good forum presence, post regularly, are generally kind or good-natured.

The rest is at my own risk, and I really don't expect the mods to intervene in any way.