This is not so much a question as it is an observation, and it is not intended to spark another debate about digital vs traditional. I believe there is a place for both and the artist uses the tools they find the most appropriate.
That said: I am a traditional darkroom person and after spending all day(8+ hrs) working up a 16x20 I was relaxing when it struck me how satisfying the whole experience was. When i say whole I mean "whole in the philosophical sense" . Its not just the final product but the entire prosess to reach that end: from arcane chemistry to the dexterity needed to bleach back wet, floppy piece of 16x20 paper without ruining it(knowing intuitively when enough is enough). I forgot to include the entirely satisfying field trip to get the negative etc.
I found that I had no concept of time, forgot entirely about politics, my wife and the dog. In other words a Zen type experience. I am sure that the digital folks get as involved with their process just doing different things. Any comments?