Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colorbyte vs. Colorburst

Colorbyte vs. Colorburst

I have been unable to make the demo work so far or find the tutorial in the files. The air has a foreboding quality in here.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Colorbyte vs. Colorburst

I tried the QuadTone RIP and found it difficult to install. and set it aside for now. But I sure like the idea and the price - but it is kind of a bear for this 16-year Mac user to deal with... just a bit too much "home-brew". I'd gladly pay quadruple the price for a smoother installation.

Colorbyte vs. Colorburst

QuadToneRIP has certainly gone through several stages and "home-brew" is probably right for the older versions.
    The latest Mac version supporting all the UltraChrome printers 2200, 4000, 7600, 9600 is very much turn-key installation. One download, a double-click to install main software, a second double-click to setup and install curves for the particular printer you have. Start Photoshop and print your grayscales. The only unusual thing about the print dialog is that you get to pick two different profiles and you can blend them to get anything in between.
    The Windows version is still at the "home-brew" stage but very usable. The 4000 support is coming within the
    next few weeks to a month.

Roy

Colorbyte vs. Colorburst

Wow - direct from the source - thanks - isn't this forum great?