Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problem mounting a Fujinon W 300mm with copal 3 on deardorff 6x6 lens board

Re: Problem mounting a Fujinon W 300mm with copal 3 on deardorff 6x6 lens board

Let me look into this again.

You already have a retaining ring that fits the lens - i think the easiest solution would be to bore out a small lip (0.5cm) on the back side of your lens board, in the same way mine was done, only you should do it properly with the correct tool.

Failing that - getting 4 wide machine stile screws to create a retaining bracket for your current ring to be mounted like a flange on the front side of the board might be an easy solution as well, but i would go for the rear option first.

Solved!
    koh303 gave me the solution in his first answer. (Sometimes the nose is too close to the eyes to see it...).
    I jumped on my bike and rode for 7 min to a local wood worker who drilled a counter hole 80 mm wide and violá! my lens is attached to my board!
    So simple that I almost feel like apologizing for this whole thread, but I guess it can be useful for someone else in the future...
    Thank you all for giving me suggestions/answers, they all helped in their own ways :-)
    Now to the shooting!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TN141007.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	114608
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TN141008.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	114609

Be good!

!!!
    Perfect!