Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jobo 3062 Expert drum for 11X14 special production

Re: Jobo 3062 Expert drum for 11X14 special production

The special production 3062 drums have just landed, for all those of you who showed interest - please contact us ASAP, as there is a VERY limited quantity of these available.

The final price for these has matched fairly closely to the original price projection and is available for 495$ + shipping.
    Will post some photos tomorrow.

Your Web page for this item

is in error. It incorrectly states that the maximum film/print size a 3062 can handle is 11x11 inches. Should be 11x14 inches. The centimeter data seem correct, however.

Thanks Sal, corrected now.

Jobo 3062 Expert drum for 11X14 special production

The idea mentioned above to create an expert drum that could take ULF film sizes is a great idea. Say 4 sheets of 11x14 at a time, or 3 sheets of 14x17. It gets old quick having to develop a single sheet of 14x17 in a 2500 style long skinny drum.

Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
    The idea mentioned above to create an expert drum that could take ULF film sizes is a great idea. Say 4 sheets of 11x14 at a time, or 3 sheets of 14x17. It gets old quick having to develop a single sheet of 14x17 in a 2500 style long skinny drum.
    the diameter of the drum is fixed. The diameter of tube for 11" or 14" film is fixed. 3 tubes for 11x14 would be a tight fit that would even work. If the tank allowed for water bath between the tubes, it would fry your jobo circuitry from all the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    the diameter of the drum is fixed. The diameter of tube for 11" or 14" film is fixed. 3 tubes for 11x14 would be a tight fit that would even work. If the tank allowed for water bath between the tubes, it would fry your jobo circuitry from all the weight.
    We can dream can't we? I guess you are sadly right. Just the weight of the developer alone - about 800ml per 14x17 sheet - would likely fry the circuits let alone the weight of the drum. 11x14 might work though if it was limited to 3 sheets - it would probably need only a little more chemistry than the five sheet 8x10 drums.

Perhaps Jobo can give us a reason to upgrade with the CPP5 with a beaffier motor and deeper bath for large drums?

We can dream can't we? I guess you are sadly right. Just the weight of the developer alone - about 800ml per 14x17 sheet - would likely fry the circuits let alone the weight of the drum. 11x14 might work though if it was limited to 3 sheets - it would probably need only a little more chemistry than the five sheet 8x10 drums.

Perhaps Jobo can give us a reason to upgrade with the CPP5 with a beaffier motor and deeper bath for large drums?
    The 3063 will do two 11x14's so that's something to think about.

The 14x17's are rough, but it's all B&W so allowing for a tempering bath inside the drum isn't as necessary. So tubes COULD work and not add weight, but JOBO won't take that risk for such a small run, unfortunately.

I have brought this up several times.
    There are other concerns - such as the strength of the lift arm and brackets in light of a potentially heavier drum. All of these components were designed before the first inner tube style expert drums were invented, and so all of this is unknown though the general word was - it will never work.

With that said i see no reason not to offer it for off machine/magnet drive use. Selling them on something new and unproven is hard at best. It is a tiny market, and R&D costs would be very high.

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    I have brought this up several times.
    There are other concerns - such as the strength of the lift arm and brackets in light of a potentially heavier drum. All of these components were designed before the first inner tube style expert drums were invented, and so all of this is unknown though the general word was - it will never work.

With that said i see no reason not to offer it for off machine/magnet drive use. Selling them on something new and unproven is hard at best. It is a tiny market, and R&D costs would be very high.
    How about the redesign a stronger lift, that's the worst part is the design IMO, it's cheap and upgrading that would significantly improve things and would take the least amount of actual designing, just needs to not be made entirely of plastic and should have been upgraded when the expert drums were made.

This is my opinion of course, but I doubt many would disagree with me that the lift is a shoddy design at best when working with any expert drum, and even some of the linger 2500 series drums.

If it worked properly you wouldn't have to lift the other end with your hand.