Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobo 3062 Expert drum for 11X14 special production

Jobo 3062 Expert drum for 11X14 special production

For a while now we have been trying to get Jobo to make some 3062 Expert drums for 11X14 for us. Until now this has been a bit of a problem due to a specific missing part. We have recently found a small stock of this part and can now have the drums made.

As there will be a limited amount available, and this will be some what of a "special order" production run of this unique drum, i wanted to gauge the interest, and also offer first dibs on these drums to the LFPF community.
    Right now we are looking at making 15 units, and will start making a tentative "pre order list" for those who are interested.

The lid cam have either the light trap funnel OR beaker (your choice)

The projected price for this drum will be 485$

Please see the link below to our facebook page and info on how to sign up(or contact me directly through the forum messages):
    https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of....type=1&theater

(This post with mod approval)

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Re: Jobo 3062 Expert drum for 11X14 special production

You need to clean up your inbox.
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    You need to clean up your inbox.
    Done!

I will be interested if you can come up with a drum like 3005 for 1114 film. I mean five sheets per load.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    I will be interested if you can come up with a drum like 3005 for 1114 film. I mean five sheets per load.
    4 would probably be more of an option, based on circumference of the folded sheets and 3000 series tank size.

Photo.net: Processing a 16x20 Negative in a Jobo Print Drum

Stone: the drum is a print/film drum, with two sheets being loaded at a time.

koh303: Will the little inserts to keep the film off the drum be available?
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    Photo.net: Processing a 16x20 Negative in a Jobo Print Drum

Stone: the drum is a print/film drum, with two sheets being loaded at a time.

koh303: Will the little inserts to keep the film off the drum be available?
    I know, I own the 2500 series one, but the other poster was talking about the 3005/3010 style, so I was saying if they designed one like those it would be 4 sheets not 5 (probably).

I am working on the possibility of making Custom inserts for the 3062 to carry one 11X14 sheet of film, it's in early planning stages but i will update when it moves forward.
    Due to the small batch, and intense manual labor in making it, the cost for the insert would most likely be close to the cost of the drum, something like 350-375$ making the whole kit quite expensive.

For now, we want to concentrate on getting the drums made, then we can move on to the next step...

For reference: old eBay auction, drum with insert.

Why would the insert be so expensive? If it's labor intensive to produce, could it be sold as a kit?
    (Yes, I realize that the drums need to be discussed first, but the reason that I am motivated to buy one is for 11x14 film.)

They do come up rarely used, and this one sold for a great price. Even if we sold the insert with the drum as a kit, it would not change the price that much, other then perhaps save a bit on shipping.
    As you said Brian, for now we are trying to get the drum project off the ground, then we can start to look at the insert.