Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very high level of talent on this forum

Very high level of talent on this forum

I must say that after being a member of several photo forums and looking at thousands of images the members of this forum produce the highest quality and most creative work of any I've seen. There's some absolutely stunning work on here.

Keep up the excellent work. It's inspiring, reassuring that quality and creativity are still alive and a joy to view world class art.

Keep it coming!

Don

Landscape Addict

Re: Very high level of talent on this forum

Couldn't agree more. So many exceptional images from many talented individuals spanning nearly every genre of photography. It's very inspirational to someone like me, fairly new to LF, to browse this gallery and see the outstanding work being produced seemingly daily.
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

Analog Photographer Kimberly Anderson's Avatar

Don, we have people like you (and others) that have kept the bar high and have given us something to aspire towards. The folks I have 'met' here have inspired me beyond belief. I consider it a privilege to be able to rub elbows with some of my heroes. I feel doubly proud to own a camera that you have used to tell strong stories with. Thanks to you and many, many others.

Not only is there a lot of talent on here, most people are generally nice, helpful, and understand what photography is all about. I venture on some forums where none of this is true, and egos grind all discussion into pathetic points scoring.

It's the best forum of any type among the ones I participate in, in every respect.
    Thanks, but I'd rather just watch:
    Large format: http://flickr.com/michaeldarnton
    Mostly 35mm: http://flickr.com/mdarnton
    You want digital, color, etc?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradofear

I'm a youngster here (only ~7 yrs), but I quickly concluded that there is no other forum worth my time ... with the possible exception of an occasional visit to APUG. There is definitely a spirit of generosity/helpfulness, although my short 'ignore' list (of certain individuals who seem to persist in contaminating the threads) expands and contracts like a yo-yo.

I think in terms of percentages of great work to below average it is about on par with most enthusiast forums. The reason I say this is that even when I peruse work on a place like a forum I still consider all work in all possible venues when stacking up Internet forum work. Take for example the landscape thread, I find it usually takes me about 5-10 pages to find something above average ( truly good ) and up to 20 pages to find something outstanding.

In terms of the highest "hit rate" I consider Rangefiner Forum to be tops for that, some real talent in terms of the eye and understanding of light. But yeah, if you spend enough time on here some good photographs can be found...like most forums really.

Born L.A.-NYC is 2nd Home-Rustbelt is Home Base

I've been on about 15 photo forums. LF seems to have the most serious people.

My favs are Ed Ross, Gandolfi and NY Stone or Stone NY? Also the guy that shot the KKK and moonshiners. I like him the best. Great doc photog. Xray guy has some nice work. And the guy that had the museum exhibit of microscope work. Yes, lots of talent here.

There may be some nice landscape guys or gals here , but I'm a people photog so I don't pay that much attention to landscapes. But I like the work of Linda Connor with her mix of landscape and people.

Smile Re: Very high level of talent on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmyviewcam View Post

My favs are Ed Ross, Gandolfi and NY Stone or Stone NY? Also the guy that shot the KKK and moonshiners. I like him the best. Great doc photog. Xray guy has some nice work. And the guy that had the museum exhibit of microscope work. Yes, lots of talent here.
    Funny you mention x-ray. This is the name I use on RFF and I shoot documentary work in Appalachia, klan, moonshiners, cock fights and serpent handling church services.

I fumbled the ball here. I could have said what an A$$ xray is but fumbled.

I would totally agree with the other names you mention. They do superb work. I truly admire some of the folks on this forum and appreciate the excellent attitudes and good information.

Thanks to you and Michael. I appreciate the complements.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bodine View Post
    I'm a youngster here (only ~7 yrs), but I quickly concluded that there is no other forum worth my time ... with the possible exception of an occasional visit to APUG. There is definitely a spirit of generosity/helpfulness, although my short 'ignore' list (of certain individuals who seem to persist in contaminating the threads) expands and contracts like a yo-yo.
    Don't even remember my APUG password....
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!