Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coating problem, fungus? what is it?

Re: Coating problem, fungus? what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginette View Post
    .... Maybe the seller didn't see the fungus but globally the lens is seriously not as described.
    As the seller refused to take it back (I proposed to paid the shipping), I open the Paypal case. But they don't ask for pictures maybe only the the case will be escalated to a claim.
    Same problem here months ago, with a cheating seller which send me a "new, unused" lens in "like new condition". The lens actually looked new, but was plenty of fungus; the photos were strategically taken to avoid showing it.
    The seller refused to accept my claim, so Paypal took 2-3 months and several emails to refund my payment. Beware that you must answer the emails within a date, if not the refund guarantee will be lost. It was very annoying, so I now think it twice before buying again on eBay.
    After that (past december), the lens was again in eBay, now in "used but minty condition" or so, same price, with no mention of the fungus again.

I bet it wouldn't cause serious loss of resolution
    I have a front element lens 60% or more etched from fungus

Resolution isn't that bad even on 35mm
    equal or better to clean lenses of inferior quality which many would say are ok

great deal due to the fungus? I'd go for it

back element may mean more loss of resolution
    don't know

Quote Originally Posted by sun of sand View Post
    great deal due to the fungus? I'd go for it
    Not a deal at all for me, fungus not declared and focus shift when pointed down even if the seller said no shift.

Quote Originally Posted by jose angel View Post
    Same problem here months ago, with a cheating seller which send me a "new, unused" lens in "like new condition". The lens actually looked new, but was plenty of fungus; the photos were strategically taken to avoid showing it.
    The seller refused to accept my claim, so Paypal took 2-3 months and several emails to refund my payment. Beware that you must answer the emails within a date, if not the refund guarantee will be lost. It was very annoying, so I now think it twice before buying again on eBay.
    After that (past december), the lens was again in eBay, now in "used but minty condition" or so, same price, with no mention of the fungus again.
    Yes the pictures sent to me didn't show the glasses either. Yes I reply to Paypal when they asked but the seller didn't. Actually Paypal examine the claim.
    In your case, Paypal asked you to return the lens and they refund after the lens arrived back with the confirmation that it was received from the seller?

Your seller is really not honest, no way to report an eBay item?
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com