I'm quite happy with my favorite flavors of FP-4+(Ultrafine and Arista) and intend to keep on using it for as long as its available(hopefully, a long long time!) but since Plus X no longer is available, having a panchro 100 ISO film to fall back on should FP-4+ "succumb." I was never a Boy Scout but I'd like to be prepared!

The trouble is choosing one. While nothing will take the place of my own experimentation, I'd appreciate some input by those who shoot the 100s as a place to start. I figure I have three choices:

Fortepan or J and C Classic 100. While I've used and like Fortepan 200, I've never used the 100. Its the most affordable of the lot. Anyone use it? Anyone really like it? Why?

Efke PL100. I've read lots of posts about this one---being scratch prone seems to be a complaint but is this a widespread problem? BTW, since I've started using a Unicolor I haven't had any problems with scratches---should I expect continued good results with PL100 or not? More important, does it share the same neat "look" that PL25 is noted for?

Kodak Tmax 100. The most costly of the batch. I've used and like Tmax 400---never had a problem with it though its reputed to be a more fussy than conventional grain film(I've only used TmaxRS to develop though.) In your opinion is Tmax 100 more or less of a Prima Donna? John Sexton gets wonderful results from it but I'm afraid my technique is considerably more "laid back" than his.

Any guidence is sure appreciated!