Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

Re: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

Ooh, thanks! I'll give that a go. Though, I recently got a DPL update notice, so I'll try the new version first.

Cheers from Casablanca,
    Chris

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3258.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	161396

Quote Originally Posted by onnect17 View Post
    I wonder how many owners of Howtek and DPL users are members of the forum. It could be helpful to notify of tips, fixes, documents, parts, etc. Please post the scanner(s) model.
    Thanks!!!
    Thanks.
    Howtek Model 4500 Two scanners with Silverfast Software

Chris, I should update and note that my issue was linked to either using too new a driver fory Adaptec SCSI card or the fact that one of the cards I tried is an Ultra320 Adaptec card and the newest driver seems to lock the page size to something much smaller than is needed to stream a chunk of data from the scanner to the host machine before the pass of the drum is completed and the drum is moved along the sensor pick up. So the new version of DPL seems to perform as it was meant to assuming you are not using an Ultra320 scsi controller by Adaptec or, if you are, that you try an older driver. I am currently using Adaptec's x64 driver 7.0.0.6 with the 29320LPE on a Windows 10 x64 machine with DPL 8.1 and that combination seems to work fine.

Thanks for that, I'm using the Ratoc USB converter from Aztek. If this still doesn't work, maybe I'll move to a SCSI card.

-CB

In case anyone is curious about running DPL on their Mac, I have an Aztek Premier hooked up to my 2013 Mac Pro with the Ratoc USB converter. Windows 10 64-bit is installed on my Mac first in Bootcamp and then through a Parallels VM based on that Bootcamp installation. And I've been able to successfully run the Premier with DPL 8.1 in a Windows 10 Parallels VM. Since the two OSes are running simultaneously with separate resources allocated to each of them, I'm able to work in Photoshop or have a few dozen tabs open in Chrome, while the scanner runs, without running into any banding problems from issues with RAM. Just thought I'd put all that out there in case anyone was curious about whether or not a similar setup would work. It does