Hi everyone,

I recently made the move to large format with a Toyo 4x5CF, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm shooting mostly with a 6x9 back, and also some BW sheets, which I'm developing myself after discovering how easy it was. I've taken a few shots on Velvia sheets, and I'm having trouble finding a place to get them developed.

My local lab sends slides out to another lab, and they initially said they'd process each sheet at $5.00, and then after a week they sent the film back undeveloped, having changed their minds. Now I'm hearing my only choice is sending each sheet out mail-order at $8 per sheet plus $7 per sheet shipping. This seems ridiculous to me.

Short of converting my basement to a real darkroom and investing in the necessary E-6 equipment (very tempting, although I know it's a pain), anybody know of any options in Northern Virginia? I'm in Winchester, and the only significant lab I know of is Ace Photo in Sterling, and they don't do sheet film. Or, does anyone know of a reliable mail-order lab that won't cost an arm and a leg? The thought of my film sitting in the back of hot mail trucks for days doesn't appeal to me, but it's better than nothing.

Thanks,

EZB