Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photographing interiors with Nikkor 90mm SW on 5x7...advice

Re: Photographing interiors with Nikkor 90mm SW on 5x7...advice

Thanks for all the good advice. I have a set of bag bellows for my 4x5 but not for the 5x7, sadly. Where can I get bag bellows for a Wisner 5x7? My front standard has a sliding panel, so I can still get rise and fall when the camera bellows are compressed.

Larry

Tough to get those 90s to work with 5X7- bellows and controls just too compressed. If you do get them lined up it seems like there is always something lurking in a dark corner that you didn't see. 120mm Super Angulons much better, and a 110mm Super Angulon a great addition.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC1002.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	113248
    Chaco Interior with 120mm Super Angulon. I got up as far as I could, standing on my hard case.

Robert,
    Nice photograph. Unfortunately, I don't have time to buy a 120mm Super Angulon. I was not planning on doing any interiors on this trip and this kind of fell in my lap.

Here is a picture of the 90mm mounted on the Wisner 5x7. I can focus on a ceiling lamp about seven feet from the camera, and I have some fall by using that inset panel on the front standard. So, should I pack the lens? ;-) It might be a much better bet than my 125 with limited coverage. Take both?

Larry

Name:	WisnerWith90mm.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	113277

If you're not sure what might be involved with making images for this interior project, bring both the 90mm & 125mm even it it's coverage is extremely limited. It might make the difference between something good or focal length frustration. That 125mm is not that large or bulky to bring.. Why not?

BTW, that looks awful similar to the Wisner in my pile of foot stuff.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    Robert,
    Nice photograph. Unfortunately, I don't have time to buy a 120mm Super Angulon. I was not planning on doing any interiors on this trip and this kind of fell in my lap.

Here is a picture of the 90mm mounted on the Wisner 5x7. I can focus on a ceiling lamp about seven feet from the camera, and I have some fall by using that inset panel on the front standard. So, should I pack the lens? ;-) It might be a much better bet than my 125 with limited coverage. Take both?

Larry

Name:	WisnerWith90mm.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	113277

Bernice,
    Yeah, I'm bringing 90, 125, and 180 Fujinon f/9 A. The Fujinon lenses are amazingly small and light.

Do you have a 5x7 Wisner? I think this is some prototype Pocket Expediton but I'm not sure.
    It weighs only 5.4 pounds! The light weight is what got me to step up from my 4x5 Wisner.

Larry

Hello,
    It looks like I will get the chance to photograph some interiors on an upcoming trip. I'm bringing along a 5x7 camera. Should I try to make use of a Nikkor 90mm SW f/8, or stick to a 180mm Fujinon.

Larry

Hi Larry, I see that we each have different ideas and different teams. I also believe that all our reviews you are going to create confusion and headache.
    I think it's best to follow your intuition ... talk about 90 mm ​​and 180 mm ... ok used both and do not complicate life.

Greetings.

Yeah, I'm bringing 90, 125, and 180 Fujinon f/9 A. The Fujinon lenses are amazingly small and light.

Larry
    We all are now relieved!