Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flextight Precision 2 problems...

Flextight Precision 2 problems...

Hello

I recently got this Flextight... but seem to have problems getting it to work.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and at least my system finds the scanner (8 of them, witch i think is normal).. so my SCSI should be working.

I installed the WinXP64 drivers, and i have the correct Precision II SCSI driver on all of the 8 scanners it found.

But nothing happens, the green light keeps blinking. And if i run Flexcolor, every time i start it.. it ask the registration code again.

After that, it says everything is ok... it shows 6 precision scanners in the device list.

But the green light just keep blinking, and if i hit preview.. it just does this fast black preview scan.

Anybody know what's the problem?

Regards. Aleksi Koski

PS.

In the manual it says:

Power Indicator (Green)

: Remains lit when ready to scan. Blinks
    when first installed to indicate that firmware must be loaded (it
    will be loaded automatically when you run ColorFlex).

How can i download this firmware? It says it will do it automatically, i have not seen anything like that happen.

Re: Flextight Precision 2 problems...

I think you may have a software incompatibility. Flextight IIs need Flexcolor 4.0.3PC and evidently should run on Windows 2000 or XP (I use a Mac). Scroll down about 2/3 of the way on this page for more info—

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/service...e-archive.aspx

Good luck!

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Ok, thanks!

I did download the latest Flexcolor 4.8.9.. so it might be that....

There are people using this on Win7, so it should work...

IT WORKS... thanks man!...

well kinda, it just gives me static.. but at least it does something...

It seems the light does not light up... inside the scanner or in the light table in front of it...

Reflective light lights up, so it might be that the tube has gone out in the transportation.. or was out and the seller did not mention it.

With some of these older devices, one has to start the device first then the operating system.

For my flextight, I go to restart, when the computer temporarly turns off then I start the flextight, works every time. If I do not do this the flextight will not work. hope this helps.

I think it's working now.. i switched the reflective ligh as the scanning light... and seems to be ok.

Goddamn it's nice to see how simply this machine is build, and the fact that the bulbs it uses.. are not some special Ha$$elblad bulbs... but just ordinary 14$ bulbs.

For future reference, i have seen tutorials on how to get this working in Win7 64bit. Most of the say you need to modify the INF files to get it to work.

But it seems the latest Flexcolor 4.8.9 has the WinXP64 drivers whit it, these drivers will work directly Win7 64bit! you just need to install the older 4.0.3 software to actually run the scanner.

But it will definitely work in Win7 64bit without any problems & hassle.. ones you just download the latest Flexcolor 4.8.9 for drivers, and then install the 4.0.3 version to run it.

I did get one strange problem tough.

The 3f scanning stopped working. Don't know why, worked fine for some time.

Now it does not open the new window, i can see it's partially formed in the win7 peak... and can close it trough it.

It gives me an error when i close it :

IOCTL_ExecuteScsiRequest Cdb[0]:e0 lastErr:1117
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O error

It actually gave me the same error when it was working when i closed the 3f scanning window.

Anybody had similar problems? The normal scanning works just fine... but i do like the simplicity of the 3F mode.

And it's really weird that normal scanning works, but 3f does not.
    Last edited by monkeymon; 17-Jun-2014 at 05:56.

There is a Yahoo Imacon users group I suggest you join if you haven't already. They are very knowledgeable—if anyone knows the answers to your problem(s) it's them.

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wasserman View Post
    There is a Yahoo Imacon users group I suggest you join if you haven't already. They are very knowledgeable—if anyone knows the answers to your problem(s) it's them.
    Thanks.. have to check it out.... Ok, i do no understand at all how the user group works. And can't create a yahoo user id.

As i seem to have a lot of questions. I was just cleaning the lens, well the IR filter... i noticed there is this cheap looking wrinkled blue color gel filter... seems odd to put something like that on top of a high quality lens.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeymon View Post
    Hello

I recently got this Flextight... but seem to have problems getting it to work.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and at least my system finds the scanner (8 of them, witch i think is normal).. so my SCSI should be working.

I installed the WinXP64 drivers, and i have the correct Precision II SCSI driver on all of the 8 scanners it found.

But nothing happens, the green light keeps blinking. And if i run Flexcolor, every time i start it.. it ask the registration code again.

After that, it says everything is ok... it shows 6 precision scanners in the device list.

But the green light just keep blinking, and if i hit preview.. it just does this fast black preview scan.

Anybody know what's the problem?

Regards. Aleksi Koski

PS.

In the manual it says:

Power Indicator (Green)

: Remains lit when ready to scan. Blinks
    when first installed to indicate that firmware must be loaded (it
    will be loaded automatically when you run ColorFlex).

How can i download this firmware? It says it will do it automatically, i have not seen anything like that happen.

I am trying to get it working on windows 7 32 bits or 64 bits too.
    Can you share what kind of SCSI card are you using?
    And wherer did you get the driver and software from?

Thanks,
    Jackie

The recommended SCSI card is the Adaptec 2906. Just make sure that your system can run 32bit and 64 bit.

I'm trying to run my Imacon Precision II/III on a Dell Precision 690 Workstation.
    Of course I would prefer to run in Win64 as Aleski mentioned above.

So the workaround would be to download from Hasselblad website, the latest Flexcolor software Version 4.8.9. This newer software will have the WinXP64 driver.
    THEN install the older FlexColor 4.0.3 software into your computer to actually run the scanner.

Since this is what Aleski used to get his scanner running correctly, what 64 Bit SCSI card are you using? Or are you using the PCI Adaptec 2906?

I would be interested in hearing the SCSI card used.

Evan