Thread: Sinar Binocular Reflex Viewer - Question

Sinar Binocular Reflex Viewer - Question

Okay, I have kind of a specific question about the Sinar Reflex Viewer:

I'm wondering if the connector on the bottom of the Reflex Viewer that you would connect into the Sinar GG back, is made of plastic, or is it metal? I'm talking about the square 140x140 frame connector that's just like on either end of a Horseman/Sinar bellows. Looking at as many pictures as I could, it looks like the same plastic connection as my Horseman bellows, but I could be wrong.

Sounds funny that I'm asking, but the reason is because I have an adapter on my Horseman GG back (on a Horseman 4x5 LS) that lets me connect Sinar/Horseman bellows and viewers, however, I have a Sinar Wide Angle Bellows 2 that works fine on my camera, but it doesn't quite fit the adapter. The connectors seem to be made of a really hard plastic, almost like metal/aluminum, and it doesn't quite fit into the adapter.

My Horseman bellows, with the plastic connections fit fine, and I'm sure Sinar standard bellows would also fit.

So at least I can use a Sinar Binocular Viewing Board, but I'm not so sure about the Reflex viewer.

I've attached a pic of the adapter. It's what you would use with a Horseman Reflex viewer, which is so hard to find compared to the Sinars.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Horseman_adapter.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	113026

Re: Sinar Binocular Reflex Viewer - Question

The Sinar reflex viewer mount (where it attaches to the camera) is made of plastic. The body of the reflex viewer is thin sheet-metal (aluminum), the mirror is glass, and the binocular attachment is plastic.