Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epson v750 error - unable to allocate memory

Re: Epson v750 error - unable to allocate memory

If you keep running out of memory there's a utility for Windows that can help with that. http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/cleanmem.html Cleanmem puts Windows memory management system on a schedule (I've set my computer to clean the memory every 5 minutes). This is not like other memory cleaners that only push files to the paging system.

If you have a 32 bit program that you're running on a 64 bit computer with a lot of RAM you may find that the 32 bit program only uses up to 2gb of RAM. There's a fix to switch that to be able to use 4gb of RAM. http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/th...-aware.112556/

Both are slightly technical and they are reversible.

This turned out to be a reproducible bug in the latest version of Epson Scan (v3.921). I finally heard back from Epson support and they were able to reproduce the issue.

bump...solution...

interesting that they haven't updated the software given the error...I've been running into the same error and I run on a monster rig with 16bg of ram.

I think I figured out a weird workaround. I downloaded the V850 software
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...m=OSF_W_8_1-64

installled it. When you open epson scan it makes you pick a scanner..pick your 750(700). It seems to open the same old version, but it is definately different. I used to have scanning issues at 3200 dpi for medium and large format, and no longer get the memory error.

I really like epson scan for its default color interpretation on Ektar 100. Very little color correction to do afterwards. I use Epson Scan, Vuescan, and Silversoft...I have to use all three sometimes to get the best scan depending on the individual exposure, but i can say as a generality I've been leaning towards Epson for c41 negatives and vuescan for slides. Silversoft when something about the exposure doesn't seem right in either of the previous.