Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: new55 kickstarter has begun

Re: new55 kickstarter has begun

2. I used my paper fixer instead of my film fixer due to chunks of paper, etc..

Degroto and John, what ISO did you use? And is it really, really, really true, one ISO for both print and negative??

Oh oh, latest update from New 55 is not good.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Cole View Post
    Oh oh, latest update from New 55 is not good.
    What, where is this update?

Found it: https://new55film.zendesk.com/hc/en-...-July-14-2015-

Hopefully they sort this out.

I wonder how this could be? The receiver sheets works, then it doesn't work.

Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    I wonder how this could be? The receiver sheets works, then it doesn't work.
    The note says the small roll was good, parts of the big roll are not. This suggests (speculation on my part) that the rolls may not have been made at the same time, using the same lot of materials, whatever. I don't think they know yet whether it's a manufacturing difference, a raw materials difference, or an outright error in either manufacturing or design. From the sound of the post it's very early days in trying to get to the bottom of things.

Remember to take out the trash

Hope they get the issues sorted out! The team has gone to heroic lengths to keep everyone up-to-date with the progress, and in giving everything they got to the effort (including financially).

Quote Originally Posted by Degroto View Post
    Well the first film is out there. I have been playing with it yesterday. To bad that they ran into some problems with the podmachine which resulted in 3 photos with an uneven spread of the chemicals. However that has been solved now. New batches shouldn't have this. The photos do look good en the negatives even better. This is a scan of the positive:
    Attachment 136721
    I also made a little video on how to use the holder and film and what it looks like when fixing the film. When I have my negatives back home I will show these as well.
    https://youtu.be/dCYbPM0sjMo

And if you are really that bored you can also check my really boring unboxing video....they way they are supposed to be :
    https://youtu.be/ijfQgnuKzyo
    Dank je wel, Peter! I haven't used the holder or this type of instant film before, so this was very useful.

How fast do you need to use the fixer on the negative? Does it have to be done immediately on site, or can it be done in a batch after a day of shooting?

I take it that the positive doesn't require any further fixing or chemicals, i.e. it's essentially just like a Polaroid or other instant film?

Now that I've seen how it works I'm thinking this actually might become a new way to shoot for me. Was originally planning to use this in the studio for confirming exposure like I do with Fuji's instant film. But now I'm thinking of getting a 4x5 pinhole camera, or maybe a Gowland or similar pocket camera.

Cool stuff.

I do hope they get it sorted out and make the manufacturer of the big roll re-run it for them free, if it was infact a manufacturing defect. If they can't, it doesn't sound like they will be able to eat that cost and continue in production. They always knew the receiver sheet was going to be the hardest part.

Remember to take out the trash

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    I do hope they get it sorted out and make the manufacturer of the big roll re-run it for them free, if it was infact a manufacturing defect. If they can't, it doesn't sound like they will be able to eat that cost and continue in production. They always knew the receiver sheet was going to be the hardest part.
    If it's within specifications, they will end up with the bill. Even if it's not, New55 will likely have to eat up a good chunk of the cost, depending on the contract. Let's hope it's an easier fix!