Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shutter Suggestions

Re: Shutter Suggestions

Francisco, Carsten: Copal #1 Press shutters with face plates marked "Polaroid MP-4" have no diaphragms. Other Copal #1 Press shutters made for Polaroid cameras have diaphragms. As far as I know, none of these have diaphragms that open to 30 mm, the #1 standard. In addition, Copal #1 shutters made for Polaroid cameras have tubes that are longer than the #1 standard.

Francisco, most of the lenses Polaroid offered for the MP-3 system were in, not front-mounted on, Prontor Press #1 shutters. The 35/4 Eurygon is a notable exception, always front-mounted. All of the Tominon lenses offered for the MP-4 system were in barrel and were intended to be mounted in front of a Copal Press #1 (badged Polaroid MP-4) with no diaphragm.

already

it is true ... but not entirely true.

because I then have several lenses that do not exist ...

they are of one Polaroid MP -4 camera and they are COPAL - POLAROID shutter ( PRONTOR PRESS ) and are TOMINON lens 75 , 105 , 127 and 135 mm .

There are not in one piece TOMINON as enlarger lens ... are like a large format lens with 2 parts one in front of the shutter and one behind the shutter.

but "do not exist " ...Go are on my table right nowand I bought in the U.S. A. several months ago.

the shutter is exactly the same as any other POLAROID shutter .... I remove the 2 bodies, and placing a lens in front TOMINON either, because its diameter is the standard of any shutter n ş 1. And have a beautiful " no exist diaphragm mechanism" from f : 4.5 (4.7 in the lens of 127mm ) to f : 22 ....

on the front is written COPAL (above) POLAROID ( below) and on its side is written velocity scale and another scale " does not exist " of aperture values f:4,5 to f:22 ​​and is also written inside a circle "PRESET " and its side is written with large numbers 3 IN/75mm

there is also on your side one contact for flash and 2 different cable screws ... one shot to open the shutter and focus , and the other is to make the shot .

As I do not use the POLAROID MP-4

I have removed the lens board and now being used in other cameras that use.

POLAROID has a habit of making variacioes in many of his designs, I know because I have the same objects that have design differences between them

Here are one with diaphragme mechanism… i has more of five same…. 75, 105, 114, 127, 135 mm… mine only has values ​​from 4.5 to 22, but the announcement comes to this f45

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaroid-Cop...-/331154705714

Here is a 114 mm with f number escale and mechanisme.

http://cameraphotoster.at.webry.info...rticle_14.html

Here is a 105 mm

http://forum.mflenses.com/tominon-10...do-t40820.html

This shutter has the diaphragm mechanism scale in 2 zones… in the lens board and the barrel of shutter.

https://www.bmius.com/p-28329-polaro...ll-speeds.aspx
    Last edited by Francisco J. Fernández; 27-Mar-2014 at 08:45.

Polaroid cameras manufactured to their MP-3 and MP-4 a series of shutters Prontor press without lens, which were sold as optional part ...

and that could be used with any lens available, which is why the diaphragm mechanism that is present the shutter has no numbering, just an arrow indicating the direction to open and a sliding lever that moves the diaphragm mechanism.

I put this link, because do not know how to put pictures of my items.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/RARE-Polaroid...dbea398&_uhb=1

I should clarify that I never intend to create controversy, but offer information that I have found it very effective to repair and improve other damaged or defective shutter.
    And all that I learned using many elements of laboratory and research in my day as scientist.

as I said before , POLAROID had a habit of modifying their designs without any particular order , as this item was also available with a round lens board and instead of writing out " PRONTOR " they had written " COPAL " ... but they are exactly the same, and have the same mode of operation

Here you can see how the lens is put in f32 and mechanism of diaphragm shutter is put in f11, it is clear that in this variant of the shutter link above is a modification of the lens board square to round and modifies the position ... diaphragm scale but are the same object (one is designing MP-3 and the other is designed MP-4)

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Polaroid-MP4-...b60ea95&_uhb=1
    Last edited by Francisco J. Fernández; 29-Mar-2014 at 05:38.

I have a ShenHao XPO with a Simar shutter mounted on the back side of the front standard, an excellent but expensive setup.I also have a Packard attached to a Lee filter holder which can go on an adapter ring for any lens (I knocked off Reinhold's excellent idea). I use a #6, my squeeze is about a perfect 1/30,it has a pin which sets it to 1/125 or you can open it for a time exposure. With a selection of nd filters, you can hit one of these perfectly.

Francisco, http://www.everythingretek.com/PRDLi...ES/MP4USER.PDF

The MP-4 lens board is round.

This device http://www.ebay.es/itm/Polaroid-MP4-...-/161252174485 confuses nearly everyone who sees it. With the right Polaroid adapters a Tominon lens for MP-4 (in barrel, they're all in barrel) can be reversed and mounted behind a Polaroid MP-4 shutter. The adapters, which include a special MP-4 lens board (that's the board the shutter is on, it includes and aperture lever and scale), make it possible to adjust the lens' diaphragm. The shutter shown in the listing is a perfectly normal Polaroid MP-4 shutter with no diaphragm.

Because the MP-3 and MP-4 systems and, for that matter, the CU-5 and other gelcams all use #1 shutters, swapping lenses around between them is easy. I think you're confusing systems that users cobbled up with what Polaroid actually offered for sale.

I don't disagree at all with what you saw. I disagree with your interpretation/understanding of what you saw.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesp View Post
    Recently purchased a APO Artar 19" f11 (non-Red Dot). Would like to find shutter for it. I see some folks are using Packard and ILex shutters and was wondering about some of the pros and cons of those, and if there are any other options out there. Thanks in advance, have a great rest of the weekend all.
    If you're going to spend the money to mount it, get a regular Copal 3. Not the Copal 3S or the older Copal 3 that has unevenly spaced aperture setting. It's going to cost the same for mounting regardless of what shutter you put it in and the modern Copal 3 is the only one I'd spend the money on. You can often find the used on the auction site, or buy a junk glass lens with a good shutter. L

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Francisco, http://www.everythingretek.com/PRDLi...ES/MP4USER.PDF

The MP-4 lens board is round.

This device http://www.ebay.es/itm/Polaroid-MP4-...-/161252174485 confuses nearly everyone who sees it. With the right Polaroid adapters a Tominon lens for MP-4 (in barrel, they're all in barrel) can be reversed and mounted behind a Polaroid MP-4 shutter. The adapters, which include a special MP-4 lens board (that's the board the shutter is on, it includes and aperture lever and scale), make it possible to adjust the lens' diaphragm. The shutter shown in the listing is a perfectly normal Polaroid MP-4 shutter with no diaphragm.

Because the MP-3 and MP-4 systems and, for that matter, the CU-5 and other gelcams all use #1 shutters, swapping lenses around between them is easy. I think you're confusing systems that users cobbled up with what Polaroid actually offered for sale.

I don't disagree at all with what you saw. I disagree with your interpretation/understanding of what you saw.
    Dan , on my table there are more than 50 lens POLAROID some are round lens board and others are with square lens board .

The boar round lens fit directly to a MP- 4 with a three-pronged bayonet .

The lens shutter with square lens board are specific for macro accessory is a helical tube approach allows millimeter approach for more precision.

On my table are the two models, on my table are 5 different types of POLAROID shutter . And all that I only care about one thing , one type shutter with diaphragm mechanism ( writing in about this PRONTOR POLAROID is written in others COPAL POLAROID ) and there are others who have no diaphragm mechanism .

Just trying to tell you that ... you are on my table TOMINON POLAROID with diaphragm (try to see the links I put in the photos are the lens diaphragm as the ones in my table ) TOMINON 75, 105 , 114, 127 and 135 all designed in 2 groups of lenses . including a shutter and diaphragm mechanism . Same YSARON 105 and 127 mm and ISAREX 127 mm

Years many years ago that the use , and have. I've used them on 2 universities and now have a huge pile on my desk.

Anyway, HAVE REASON , NOT EXISTS IRIS , IRIS NOT EXISTS , NOT EXISTS IRIS . ad nauseam

(i no need PDF of MP-4…… i has one, and i has the MP-3 and the MP-4 and the Aristophot and the Multiphot equips…. ago more years).

Dan, if you want a mp give me your address and I send you the gift of PRONTOR/COPAL shutter POLAROID with diaphragm. FREE postage and the item FREE

(FULL OPERATIVE WORKS)

Well Dan, I hope that so many end up being very letter friends, I would, because I've read many times before discovering google translator and I look like someone who can learn a lot. thanks

Francisco, thanks for the kind offer. I already have enough Copal Polaroid shutters.

I have an MP-4 stand, have had all of the MP-4 Tominon lenses except the 105/4.5. Have also had a CU-5 version of the 17/4 that came mounted on a Copal Polaroid shutter; it has a shorter barrel than the MP-4 version.

Since you have the MP-4 manual, you can see that Polaroid offered six lenses for the MP-4, all in barrel. This is a change from the MP-3 system, most of whose lenses were in shutter. Better for Polaroid's customers, worse for the shutter manufacturer.

Of course we're friends. Most of the people who post on this board are on good terms with each other.

Puede escribir en espanol, leo espanol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Francisco, thanks for the kind offer. I already have enough Copal Polaroid shutters.

I have an MP-4 stand, have had all of the MP-4 Tominon lenses except the 105/4.5. Have also had a CU-5 version of the 17/4 that came mounted on a Copal Polaroid shutter; it has a shorter barrel than the MP-4 version.

Since you have the MP-4 manual, you can see that Polaroid offered six lenses for the MP-4, all in barrel. This is a change from the MP-3 system, most of whose lenses were in shutter. Better for Polaroid's customers, worse for the shutter manufacturer.

Of course we're friends. Most of the people who post on this board are on good terms with each other.

Puede escribir en espanol, leo espanol.
    Muchas gracias Dan, me alegro de tener tu amistad… en las islas hay mucha soledad. Aunque eso tambien es bueno y necesario. Gracias