Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harrison & Harrison Filters – Diffusion filter set

Re: Harrison & Harrison Filters – Diffusion filter set

The filter should be within the nodal point of the lense, anything outside of that, and the camera will focus on the dots on the filter, and not the subject. And as for stacking the filters, I would not recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Harrison View Post
    The filter should be within the nodal point of the lense, anything outside of that, and the camera will focus on the dots on the filter, and not the subject. And as for stacking the filters, I would not recommend it.
    It seems that using a telephoto lens would be ideal for use with a Black-Dot filter because the nodal point is in front of the lens. Well, one more filter set to get!

Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Woods View Post
    What type of diffusion are they? Are they foggy, textured glass, some other configuration?
    Mark,
    My 14 yr old son who btw w all his saved gifts is buying a nikon d810 w/ 70-200 f4 and 17-35 f2.8. Hmm not bad. Anyway he was asking me about filters and I said I used to like my Harrison diffusion filters. A quick search and your name came up. Hope you are doing good. Been many lifetimes since Homer days. I live in NYC.
    Peter Conn

Big Negs Rock!

Hello Peter,

How are you doing? Good to hear from you. Your Homer was quite an achievement. I still remember the Jeff Beck soundtrack you used with the slides & the images. I'm sure you've moved way beyond that. In the early 80's I'd occasionally see your name associated with VFX. I hope all is well. I'm pretty much out of the business now and shooting LF and doing some mentoring of students.

All the best,

Mark
    Mark Woods

Large Format B&W
    Cinematography Mentor at the American Film Institute
    Past President of the Pasadena Society of Artists
    Director of Photography
    Pasadena, CA
    www.markwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Harrison View Post
    Hello! I am Hartley Harrison, and believe it or not, I am alive and well, and living in Mesa Az. I am 81 years old, and still can answer most questions you might have about ANY of our filters, manufactured from 1929-2008.
    How cool is it to hear from one of the owners of Harrison and Harrison on here. I hope you still get on the forum here. I have a D-1 and an Rf-1 filter myself and loved using them until it looks like the D-1 separated and got a little bit of delamination to it. I am going to try the heating it up trick and see if it fixes itself.
    Last edited by Badbroccoli; 9-Jan-2019 at 22:26.