Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honesty and good service from mpex

Honesty and good service from mpex

In a world of lousy service,lies from camera builders and broken promises from dealers its nice to find a place like Midwest Photo Exchange. They seem to still believe in honisty and good service. For all of you reading this please let us readers know where you have recieved good service and where you have not. Others may prosper from your experiences. Robert

Perhaps you should spend time learning to use your speller. The word is "honesty".
    Alec

Spelling aside, I have also received excellent service from Midwest Photo. A shop second to none, in my opinion.

Dave Karp

As often mentioned on this forum, Jim at Midwest Photo is a wonderful resource. Also, he is honest and straightforward, sells good merchandise, and does what he says he will do. MPEX prices are very competitive, and their grading of used items is very conservative.

What David and Dave said. I've always had good dealings with Jim at Midwest.

My experiences mirror everyone's opinion of MPEX.

Mike
    “You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?”

Octogenarian

To alec,

Before you post a critical remark about someone's typo or spelling error on this forum, smart Alec (if that is your first name), it's only good grammatical form to capitalize the first letter of a person's proper name, both first and last. I notice you don't.

All of you regulars to this forum,

You know how I feel about Jim, at Midwest Photo Exchange. I always recommend him very highly, both as a salesman and as an advisor regarding large format equipment. Jim and I have become great friends, although I have never actually met him face-to-face. Jim has been a trusted voice on the telephone during the last couple of years. When he's too busy to take my calls, he always calls back as soon as he is able and allows plenty of time for the call. He never rushes the decision making process. Jim has never let me down. I wish I could say the same for the other photo suppliers I deal with.

If you're a photo.net user, there’s a place where you can post your experiences with a seller. Look for the link at the bottom of the page to list the whole database.

It's a great resource if you're looking to buy from an unfamiliar seller. Even the best have the occasional bad review (and the other way around, of course), but the truth tends to win out in the long run.

http://www.photo.net/neighbor/by-about?category_id=0

Being in Canada, instead of calling i sent at least 10 e-mails to MPEX and never heard back from them. If i had, i would buy my 8x10 Tachihara from them. Adorama, being a larger company, returned my first e-mail in a day and i took my business to them..

I do hear nothing but good things about MPEX on these forums.. i wish they could heve replied to my e-mails so i could do business with them..

I recently bought a camera from Badger Graphics. Jeff and the rest of the folks there were very kind and professional and patient.

Also, I've found dealing with Ebony to be a pretty wonderful experience.

In truth, unlike a lot of people it seems, I haven't really had any negative experiences with retailers.

On the other hand, back when I was on the other side of the fence working at a camera store, I had plenty of negative experiences; it's shocking how some people feel entitled to treat clerks like punching bags. There were a couple of times when I came very close to saying; "Sir, I have to tell you, you are quite possibly the most unpleasant human being I have ever met." Luckily, I restrained myself. In any case, I'm glad to free of retail life (especially around Christmas, when things get REALLY nasty!).