Thread: CREO oil mounting station from CREO Eversmart flatbed scanner to Microtek, Epson flatbed scanners.

CREO oil mounting station from CREO Eversmart flatbed scanner to Microtek, Epson flatbed scanners.

CREO oil mounting station from CREO Eversmart flatbed scanner to Microtek, Epson flatbed scanners.Does anyone know of any good result?

CREO oil mounting station from CREO Eversmart flatbed scanner to Microtek, Epson flatbed scanners.

I haven't heard of anyone using this combination, but I have heard of good results from people using Kami mounting fluid with Epson flatbed scanners. The benefit is from achieving absolute flat mounting and (theoretically) perfect focus. I would assume results will be the same with oil mounting.
    Note that both applying and cleaning these mounting fluids should be done carefully so as not to damage the emulsion. I have a couple of chromes that were mounted by professional labs that show some (now dry and crusty) residues that I hesitate to even try to remove. In this sense high-end glassless scanners (Microtek, Imacon etc.) offer a significant benefit.

Guy
    Scenic Wild Photography