Thread: Ok. I picked up 4 Broncolor Pulso 4 Power Packs along with some film holders.

Ok. I picked up 4 Broncolor Pulso 4 Power Packs along with some film holders.

I just bought a lot (box full) of 17 clean 8x10 Fidelity film holders. Along with those were 4 Broncolor Pulso 4 power packs (not in that same box). No cables or heads but was told they worked fine according to an employee of the now defunct studio where they came from. I gave $25 a pack.
    Is this an epic fail on my part or do these packs have any worth/value or better still....demand?
    --Joe Burke

Re: Ok. I picked up 4 Broncolor Pulso 4 Power Packs along with some film holders.

Don't know about the demand for the Broncolor power packs, you could do some research on the Bay.
    My opinion of them without any cables or the heads is they're nice door stops, unless you're a tinkerer and can use them for
    other projects..

Re: Ok. I picked up 4 Broncolor Pulso 4 Power Packs along with some film holders.

you did fine

you can either buy a head and try them...or you can rent a set and use a head to test them hoping your packs won't blow up the head causing you to buy it

or sell them as is on ebay

If you can rent a head that means someone could use the packs. Sell them used. Start at US $1000 each.

What else do they have???

Why can't you post them in the FS forum? Studio strobes can be used with LF cameras just as well as with smaller formats, assuming the shutters have a PC socket. Strobes are very nice for portraits. The Broncolor packs (part of Sinar-Bron) were top of the line components, and as people have pointed out, what you (or anyone using them) needs is a power cord, heads with their connector cords, and some stands.

"The Broncolor packs (part of Sinar-Bron) "
    No, Sinar was and is Sinar, Broncolor is and was Broncolor and Foba is and was Foba. At one time, in the 70s Sinar, Broncolor and Foba were all distributed in the USA by EPOI. After that they opened a joint distribution company in NJ. That was Sinar Bron. But that company is no longer in business. Sinar is now direct imported by 5 or so dealers and Sinar itself is recently purchased by Leica. Broncolor has teamed up with Hasselblad and they are a joint distributorship in NJ again.

But Sinar Bro were always seperate and independent compaanies in Switzerland.