Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Analogbook - The photographer's notebook

Lightbulb Analogbook - The photographer's notebook

So I've been working on this project for the past several months (since October or so... even though the idea originated two years ago while shooting in a remote location)

ANALOGBOOK is a set of photographer's notebooks / exposure record keepers / logbooks which I hope can be as useful to the professional photographer as the photography student. There is a large format book and darkroom logbook I definitely wish I had back when I was a student. And although I shoot mainly 6x7 now, I know that all the photographic data that I like to record didn't really have a cohesive and beautifully designed solution... so I decided to make it myself. Other artists and photography friends really like the notebooks and want some for themselves so they pushed me to develop the project into a proper product. So here it is, take a few minutes and find out more:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/papercrate/analogbook-the-photographers-notebook

I'd really appreciate any support and feedback so I can make these the best possible notebooks for the widest variety of photographers. Thanks!

Re: Analogbook - The photographer's notebook

Thats a nice project and I just pledge 12 GBP and hope for many others to join in.

/c

Quote Originally Posted by papac View Post
    Thats a nice project and I just pledge 12 GBP and hope for many others to join in.

/c
    Much appreciated Christian. It is often daunting posting a personal project to a forum full of fellow serious photographers (or any forum for that matter). People would often rather tear a person or their product idea down before offering advice, feedback or support.

Thanks again!

I have seen that kind of comments all to often, sad every time. I have always been a fan of people doing stuff instead of talking so when this came up it was no hard decision. I have my own homemade papers for my notes and they work good for me but everything can be better so keep on working.

You can see my paper here. It´s made for my needs and lots of information are just to check or do a ring around, easier then trying to write letters and words

Hope to see your finished notebook.

/c

exp.form by papac_1, on Flickr

Awesome, great to see your papers Christian. Looking forward to having your input during the project.

I too designed (and redesigned) a page layout for my 4x5 shooting notes. I'm a fan of the "circle the right item" approach. Fast. But, customized for my equipment and way of doing things. (e.g. lens selection, film holder (I use Grafmatics so I have a sheet number option too)

Printed on "Rite in the Rain" paper, double sided with my laser printer, and I'm good to go...

I have not bothered with darkroom or small format notebooks.

Best of luck with your project, it's intriguing.

Please don't promote or link to this Kickstarter project outside this thread.

Rick "per guidelines" Denney

No problem Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Please don't promote or link to this Kickstarter project outside this thread.

Rick "per guidelines" Denney

I've pledged £20 as a Shooter, it my first foray into the 'kickstarter' world so hoping that it all goes well.

Cool project! just pledged, good luck!