Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodinal: Finally putting all the rhinos if what's "real" and what's "clone" etc

Re: Rodinal: Finally putting all the rhinos if what's "real" and what's "clone" etc

Quote Originally Posted by sepiareverb View Post
    It can only be called Rodinal if it contains powdered rhino horn. This is news?

And, I read that whole thread again and am still not sure if this new bottle of Adox Rodinal is the identical liquid as Compard's R09 One Shot. I've asked Mirko to answer the question, as he seems to be the only one who might actually know for sure.
    It depends on the YEAR of R09 one shot, I believe, so depends which version you are talking about. Either way who would want to use Compard anything when when you can use RODINAL!!!

Re: Rodinal: Finally putting all the rhinos if what's "real" and what's "clone" etc

Who uses Rodinal for sheet film. Really, it used to be my favorite for roll films, but I've never found it useful for sheets.

I have. Works nicely with xray films, too. The bottle that I have is 11 years old.

The confusion won;t stop because only RO9/Rodinal sold via Fotoimpex/Adox in the US will carry the old Agfa Rodinal trade name. It'll still be sold under different names in the US and the rest of the world.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    Who uses Rodinal for sheet film. Really, it used to be my favorite for roll films, but I've never found it useful for sheets.
    Really? How come you think it's different somehow, I mostly have been using it for everything lately, all of my sheet film, and yes including the x-ray ultra large-format stuff.

Only recently I've switched to a rotary processor, and I kind of want to switch it for that, but that's more again all films, I don't really see a difference between sheet film and roll film when it comes to how road and all handles either, film is film

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    The confusion won;t stop because only RO9/Rodinal sold via Fotoimpex/Adox in the US will carry the old Agfa Rodinal trade name. It'll still be sold under different names in the US and the rest of the world.

Ian
    Yes but when I tell people that Adox sells the real Rodinal and they question me I can just show them be bottle.... Lol

In Canada it is Blazinal, named (I believe) after the bulk importer.
    "...with the grandeur of true simplicity", Patrick White, "The Tree of Man".

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Really? How come you think it's different somehow, I mostly have been using it for everything lately, all of my sheet film, and yes including the x-ray ultra large-format stuff.
    You've mistaken my intention to learn who uses Rodinal and for what sheet films. I didn't say it was different, although its use and desirability in certain panchromatic films certainly is. I prefer other developers in the tray for their physical and aesthetic capabilities as regards my goal of enlarging (e.g., making prints). Please post comparisons or let me know where your next show is, if you would like to pursue the course of your intent.

ROL, I'm not sure that I fully follow what you're asking me as far as posting my comparisons, for future show dates and locations, for what reason in particular does me posting to you about my shows help my own interest?

Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    I use it. It develops my film. Just as useful as any other developer.