Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodinal: Finally putting all the rhinos if what's "real" and what's "clone" etc

Rodinal: Finally putting all the rhinos if what's "real" and what's "clone" etc

I've posted a few times here about how Adox Adonal is the only true latest formulation of Rodinal, and been questioned and couldn't find the threads I had read, anyway, I also said Adox would soon officially be called Rodinal and now it's all happening so for those that wanted proof...

Se the article from the Adox representative Mirko on this APUG thread.

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127337

Re: Rodinal: Finally putting all the rhinos if what's "real" and what's "clone" etc

What do mean "rhino"?

hacker extraordinaire

Re: Rodinal: Finally putting all the rhinos if what's "real" and what's "clone" etc

I've been using a developer called "R09 one shot". Where does that fall on the Rodinal authenticity scale?
    Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do.
    --A=B by Petkovšek et. al.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I've been using a developer called "R09 one shot". Where does that fall on the Rodinal authenticity scale?
    READ THE THREAD it's all explained there lol. Mostly within the first page or two (depending on if you is the Tapatalk app or the website as the page counts are different.

Rodinal: Finally putting all the rhinos if what's "real" and what's "clone" etc

Quote Originally Posted by Pawlowski6132 View Post
    What do mean "rhino"?
    Crap... RUMORS.... It's supposed to say rumors... Can a mod fix this please?

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Could be either genuine Rodinal or not, depending on when it has been manuactured, according to Mirko of Fotoimpex.

I checked my original stash of rodinal for rhinos. None there. Can someone with a new bottle verify?

Quote Originally Posted by mihag View Post
    Could be either genuine Rodinal or not, depending on when it has been manuactured, according to Mirko of Fotoimpex.
    Yes, maybe 2-3 years ago it all changed and Adox's version became the only true last made Rodinal, however it's ALWAYS been, where others are hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Yes, maybe 2-3 years ago it all changed and Adox's version became the only true last made Rodinal, however it's ALWAYS been, where others are hit or miss.
    True.

It can only be called Rodinal if it contains powdered rhino horn. This is news?

And, I read that whole thread again and am still not sure if this new bottle of Adox Rodinal is the identical liquid as Compard's R09 One Shot. I've asked Mirko to answer the question, as he seems to be the only one who might actually know for sure.