Thread: iPad app for sales and inventory?

iPad app for sales and inventory?

Anyone have suggestions for an iPad app for running an art gallery--sales and inventory? I'll be using the Square charge card service. Lots of apps out there.

--Darin

Re: iPad app for sales and inventory?

You can actually setup your inventory in Square on the website. Look under items to add your inventory.
    Questions and comments are always welcome

Love square, it's the only thing I use for photography customers.

We tried to use that for a Octoberfest booth that my wife ran and we had tons of problems with it-ultimately gave up trying to take credit cards. have you all found it to work?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    We tried to use that for a Octoberfest booth that my wife ran and we had tons of problems with it-ultimately gave up trying to take credit cards. have you all found it to work?
    In over three years since I've been using it, I've never once had a problem except for one time and that was only because I hadn't used it for a short time and they came out with an upgrade, and I couldn't remember which email address I used to sign into the program, but that was more me forgetting which email I used then anything, and within a few minutes I was logged in and working like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    At large events there can be problems with network connections, to many people and not enough bandwidth. One event I worked 2 weeks ago the 4g network was overloaded with all the people using the network. I resolved by problem by switching my phone to the edge/2g network. Having square has helped make many sales when people carry no or little cash.

O.K, I've been playing with the Square software for a few hours. Looks great.

Two questions still:

1) For multi-print projects/portfolios where you sell the prints individually is it better to make the portfolio a "category" and the prints items within that category or is it better to make the portfolio an item and have numerous "subentries under "Add New Price, Size, or SKU." The latter creates buttons in the item selection screen that might get unwieldy if you have more than a dozen subitems....or not? Likewise using categories might get unwieldy? Anyone with any real world experience?

2) Square doesn't seem to have any sort of inventory management capability. Any suggestions? It would be nice to know if I have an unframed copy of a print without digging through boxes...

--Darin

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Boville View Post
    O.K, I've been playing with the Square software for a few hours. Looks great.

Two questions still:

1) For multi-print projects/portfolios where you sell the prints individually is it better to make the portfolio a "category" and the prints items within that category or is it better to make the portfolio an item and have numerous "subentries under "Add New Price, Size, or SKU." The latter creates buttons in the item selection screen that might get unwieldy if you have more than a dozen subitems....or not? Likewise using categories might get unwieldy? Anyone with any real world experience?

2) Square doesn't seem to have any sort of inventory management capability. Any suggestions? It would be nice to know if I have an unframed copy of a print without digging through boxes...

--Darin
    Not yet... They are working on it...

https://squareup.com/help/en-us/arti...ory-management

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Not yet... They are working on it...

https://squareup.com/help/en-us/arti...ory-management
    Not soon enough for me!

Anyone have any suggestions for inventory tracking software, especially with both Mac/iPad integration? Something *very* simple and user-freindly...

--Darin

Onshelf simple interface for a low cost
    http://littletandog.com/