Thread: Recovery - Reappliction of Color to a B+W Conversion File

Recovery - Reappliction of Color to a B+W Conversion File

So, I scanned a 4x5 color transparency image at 6400 resolution, downsampled the image to 487kb, and accidentally saved the original scan as a converted B+W. The original 4x5 film was damaged by an orange juice spill and is essentially irrecoverable. Unfortunately I cleaned the temp files from my HD so not sure if the original scan is recoverable from the HD or not, and not sure where to look in any event

Is it possible to translate the downsample into the 1G file I have saved as a B+W image. I am assuming not given the dramatic size difference.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for you expertise.

PDM

Re: Recovery - Reappliction of Color to a B+W Conversion File

Ouch!
    Don't shoot me. I am just a messenger and I am afraid I am also the bearer of bad news.
    I think that you might have a computer expert check it out. If you renamed all of your older files with different names you may have a chance for recovery. If you merely just saved over top then I think you are SOL.

I lost some files once and it cost me dearly. Taught me to make back ups. I scan on one machine, tether-shoot into another machine and I edit on yet another machine.