Thread: Beseler 45MCX and Dichro dg color head (blue model) manuals

Beseler 45MCX and Dichro dg color head (blue model) manuals

I wish to offer this enlarger - Beseler 45MCX (blue model) with a Dichro dg color head - for a student darkroom facilities here in Montréal and search for the manuals of both items. Is someone have a copy or a pdf? Search online but didn't see this specific model.
    I removed the color head and I have a oval white diffuser that now sitting in the filter holder, where it is supposed to be located?

Thanks for the manuals or info about the oval diffuser.

Ginette
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

Re: Beseler 45MCX and Dichro dg color head (blue model) manuals

I have the combination and love it.
    KHB Photografix
    335 Admiral Blvd, Unit 13 and 14
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5T 2N2
    has the manuals and Beseler parts, if you need them.

Don

Do you have thoses manuals Don?
    The model is this one below and the oval piece of plexiglass (see below too) is actually in the filter drawer, but I think that it move when I move the color head. Where that part goes?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5416.jpg   IMG_5415.jpg  

Peter

That white diffuser looks like a user modification. I don't think it came with the enlarger.
    PM sent.

Yes, and I recommend you purchase them from KHB Photographix who are the official supplier for Beseler manuals. The manuals are well done and reasonably priced. My enlarger head has nothing resembling that piece of plexiglass. I have made successful B&W and RA4 Color prints to 16x20 using the enlarger and head.

My french is not good enough to apologize for my bad photography.

Thanks both. The enlarger is destinated to a Student darkroom University facilities and they already have another Beseler45 so they know it general usage (instructor is a member here).
    The color head is pretty simple to operate, I think it will serve for VC B&W printing. So the recommendations in the Ilford "Contrast Control" fact sheet should be a good reference http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...0201152306.pdf
    The Color head manual is mostly for verify the plexi part and to be sure that I have all the items supposed to be with the head, a lot of blue heavy boxes came with this head!
    So the white diffuser look like it is an homemade "center filter" from the preceeding owner. If this part is not original, I will identify it clearly as "non original" part.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1150.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	109179Ginette,

That white diffuser is original, but should not be in the filer drawer. It goes in below the filter drawer. Remove the drawer and from the back with the large cone-shaped diffuser removed, you can see how that flat diffuser drops into notches at the front and rear of the round housing. Then replace the cone diffuser and the filter drawer. See photo.

I just bought one of these enlargers in near-new condition with the Dichro DG, the power supply, the fan box and the voltage stabilizer, and I have the instruction book for the head. If you have any questions, PM me and I could have the book copied for you if you need it.

The DG is a big, heavy rig which has its own compensating spring built into the power supply. I think the DG is very good for VC printing because it is simple and has no electronics, but rigging it up is unusual and you need to be sure all the components are there.

Neal

Now I see from your photo of the enlarger that the power supply is mounted and that probably the spring is hooked up. I don't seee the fan box, but the hose is there. The head needs cooling and if you don't have the fan box, you can make one with a computer muffin fan. If you don't have the voltage stabilizer, don't worry about it. Line voltage in the city will be just fine for B&W printing. I have the original, but it is a very heavy "SOLA" type that always draws current, even when not being used. You can buy a surplus computer power conditioner for a few dollars that is much more efficient if you feel that you need constant voltage.

Hello Neal,
    Thanks a lot for your posts and picture. Yes the diffuser probably move when I bring the enlarger to home. I removed the color head for safety and enter the enlarger in my car on its back on padded foam.
    Yes I have the fan box in others boxes with a nice Omega timer and accessories. I don't use it since purchase locally. I have also 2 Sola units but don't remember it is come with it. I will PM you about additional info.
    Thanks a lot again to solve this.

I fix the oval diffuser in its place.
    In fact this head have 3 diffusers, a small round one into the cone-shaped assembly, the oval one and the final outside one.
    The enlarger is now at it new home and seems to be appreciated at the student darkroom facilities.
    Thanks all for your comments.