Hi everyone!

So I have been shooting with my Chamonix 45f1 and Nikkor-W 150 lens. I am interested in getting a lens that can do close up work, certainly something for portraiture, but also possibly macro. The 150 feels neither here nor there to me. I ultimately do not want to spend over $500.00. I am willing to buy used. I like taking pictures of people but don't feel comfortable getting up in their faces (which at times I want to do). As result I always feel I am too far back with the 150. Of course simply getting up the courage to take a few steps forward seems to be the solution, but, I find having the lens close to a person face makes them more aware and less interesting to photograph. I am assuming anything over 210 would be good. At 300 I might need extension bellows, but I may be wrong on this. How do you commit to make a lens purchase? I try to read as much as I can but still feel uncertain.... Any advice, suggestions, and wisdom is greatly appreciated! Ideally nothing too heavy either. Can't have it all though of course