Thread: Photo Expositions

Photo Expositions

I am interested in taking a booth at a couple of Trade Shows, First one comes to mind is the photo show each year at the Jacobs Center in New York.

Any other shows that you would think could be of interest? I am concentrating on North America sites only.

Re: Photo Expositions

WPPI, the PPofA show, PMA (going on now).

But what do you want to exhibit? Maybe a big national type show isn't the best venue. Maybe a specialized type show like the NANPA the Carolina Nature Photographers Show. Maybe a consumer show like PMA's Big Show in Anaheim, maybe a state show like the California PPA show in Pasadena.

I am looking to introduce our specialty services to different groups.. I must admit I am more bent toward workers who want to display prints in venues, rather than working with commercial photographers on commercial projects.

Services would include enlarger silver printing, lith printing, silver prints from digital files, high end scanning, film output, inkjet and silver for many alternative processes.
    As well pd pd multiple printing with gum, specifically adding colour pigment to images.

I am not looking for Inkjet or RA 4 jobs, I already have a lot of that work.

I am looking for niche gatherings where the above would be of interest.

Thank you Greg I will look into this group. regards Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by davisg2370 View Post
    Then I definitely recommend SPE. It is comprised of artists of all levels and interests.

I am a keynote speaker at CCOPE this year which comprises Canadian Educational Groups, it is set for May 23 in London Ontario at my home school Fanshawe.
    So I will be able to put my stuff in front of this group, but I am very interested in meetings in the USA, where I think there is great opportunity for my services.

Perhaps it would make sense to sponsor and/or attend some of the larger and prominent portfolio review events?

I am not a big fan of portfolio review events, I am more interested in the tradeshow's where I can meet people face to face and show them our stuff.
    But with that said most large Art Fairs, Photo Festivals have both.

I am just curious to some of the events some of you would know about.

I googled the event Greg Davis mentioned in Baltimore and I think I will attend, not as an exhibitor but just to see if its the type of event. I hope to have a booth
    at Jacobs Center NY in the fall. I have attended this one in the past and is very well attended.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Miller View Post
    Perhaps it would make sense to sponsor and/or attend some of the larger and prominent portfolio review events?