Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ULF backs on auction site

ULF backs on auction site

Has anyone tried out one of the backs sold by lapka37 on the auction site? He says he makes all sizes and they fit onto the back of a Sinar P. He is in the Czech republic. He calls them Cassiopeia but I don't know why.
    I was wondering if they work well.
    Geraldine

Re: ULF backs on auction site

Somebody needs to jump in and try him out, I am tempted, but I am committed elsewhere.

I think he has sold one back and holder for 20x24 for $1000 and then he raised his very low price to $1300, which is still insanely low.

Good luck and why not, the price is right, film is what's gonna cost ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldine Powell View Post
    Has anyone tried out one of the backs sold by lapka37 on the auction site? He says he makes all sizes and they fit onto the back of a Sinar P. He is in the Czech republic. He calls them Cassiopeia but I don't know why.
    I was wondering if they work well.
    Geraldine

I exchanged a few emails with him about making a reduction back, he sounded ok. I know he was selling some ULF stuff to Hongkong or someplace like that and that he primarily specializes in converting old Vageeswari cameras to modern sizes and back / holder styles.
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

There is Ritter for ULF in USA.
    Use to work with 14x17" and a 8x10" reduction camera back from his production,
    without any regrets.
    Ritter is not always easy, but camera parts once you have them, they work as it should.

Hello I have bought to him a 20x24 back with two holder and a longer bellow than he now propose (mine is 2,4 meter long). The camera is well made but the sinar P bearer that I have used is not strong enough to use the camera, but it is easy to compensate. I have used 2 manfrotto 359 and will buy a third one as I will used very heavy lens and long bellow. I have asked other modifications... I can send you pictures if you want. Just give me a private mail.
    He is very helpful, I recommand him.
    Thierry M.L.

Thierrry, I think we all would love to see your mods here. Please post any pictures somewhere on this forum.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TML74 View Post
    Hello I have bought to him a 20x24 back with two holder and a longer bellow than he now propose (mine is 2,4 meter long). The camera is well made but the sinar P bearer that I have used is not strong enough to use the camera, but it is easy to compensate. I have used 2 manfrotto 359 and will buy a third one as I will used very heavy lens and long bellow. I have asked other modifications... I can send you pictures if you want. Just give me a private mail.
    Thierry M.L.

Same here, would also be keen to see the mods.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Thierrry, I think we all would love to see your mods here. Please post any pictures somewhere on this forum.

Thank you!

As for mods. on front standard my 14x17" comes with 8x8" lens-boards and can hold heavy barrels !
    Took time but was really worthy.

Thierry M.L.
    Hello,I am interesting...
    Can you send pictures to me that the Sinar 8x10 P2 rear standarda connected with 20x24 back bellow on two tripods? My private mail is f45pc@yahoo.com.tw
    Thank you very much.
    Yang Murcott

Hey, could I get some pictures of the 20x24 back on the sinar?
    I have a sinar p2 and I'd like to mount a 14x17 back on top of it, do you think that'll hold?
    My mail is lumografia@gmail.com

Thierry M.L.