Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Feeler/exploration for Wanted, 10 people for 5x7 print exchange. 2014, year 1

Re: Feeler/exploration for Wanted, 10 people for 5x7 print exchange. 2014, year 1

Yup ... I had two reasons for signing on ... 1) it's always a good thing to see others' work ... and 2) it's an even better thing to get off the computer and shoot, develop, and print.

Was a great experience for me ... looking forward to seeing everyone's visions.

Mine is a still life ... AND a 5x7 ... both of which I almost never shoot ... so was a good stretch. Hope you all enjoyed the process as much as I did.

Jim in Sacramento

Re: Feeler/exploration for Wanted, 10 people for 5x7 print exchange. 2014, year 1

When's the next one starting?

joseph

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's prints-
    Thanks for organising this Randy-

I stated this event nearly 4 months ago. This takes time, planning and willing participants. I may become involved again next New Year. No guarantee. I simply copied the other Print sharing threads, ideas and made my own 'rules'.

If anyone wants to do it, they are free to do so. I suggest you read everything in this thread and the other one and then carefully consider the commitment.

I see my 9 'Stacks' have been picked up by 'somebody' as they are gone from the lobby, but until my 'Stacks" are home I am still nervous.

I also think this is a better Winter project, as many of us are out in the field as much as possible the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    When's the next one starting?

Now all 9 packages are in the system. USPS has them and I have tracking #'s, which I am not going to use unless disaster occurs!

Well done Randy- looking forward to seeing the prints. These days (sadly) the only real silver prints I see 'in the flesh' are ones I receive through a print exchange on another forum. This will be like Little Christmas.
    Cheers!

joseph

Got mine just before noon- Thank you all, great to get them at last after all these months. I look forward to spending some more time with them later this evening-
    And thanks again Randy for putting it all together-

Hi Everybody,
    I received the "stack" yesterday, and they are all so damn beautiful. And different. And engaging. This has been an enlightening process and I learned quite a bit. 5x7 is a tough proportion for me because I am used to shooting either 4x5 or 8x10. I found myself a bit uncomfortable with the extra space. Who knew?
    My two favorite parts were shipping off the package to Randy (omg, what a relief!) and then opening the stack last night. It was fascinating to look at each image. And I felt connected to all of you who participated. Very cool.
    Thank you Randy for running the project! You were always cheerful and did a great job of gathering 10 disparate folks and creating a group. Well done. And bravo to everyone else for sharing their beautiful work.
    Best, Billie

WOW - great job Randy! And to all in the group, thanks for sharing and taking the time and effort to make this happen. These are all unique, engaging, a real joy to look at. My thanks to all in the group for taking the time to select, print, package and ship - I think together we have made something special. I know I am looking forward to doing something like this again.

Bob

Yes, thanks to all for great photos ... this is my 5th of various exchanges and this one rates right up there with the best. Really a nice set of prints.

I don't normally shoot either 5x7 or still lifes ... so this was a departure for me. I really enjoyed it and have enjoyed my initial look through to see the different styles, processes, and papers. Will have to sit down now with a glass of wine and really LOOK at them. I always learn something from everybody's print ... I'm looking forward to that in a quiet period tonight.

As has been written already, these exchanges take quite an effort. It's a great idea when we sign up but sometimes our hopes don't quite match up to the time available or life circumstances that exist at the finish line. For those who didn't make it this time we look forward to seeing your work next time around.

Cheers from Sacramento.