Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeler/exploration for Wanted, 10 people for 5x7 print exchange. 2014, year 1

Re: Feeler/exploration for Wanted, 10 people for 5x7 print exchange. 2014, year 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jody_S View Post
    Hell yes
    +1

Re: Feeler/exploration for Wanted, 10 people for 5x7 print exchange. 2014, year 1

Bumping this UP.

So it's February and the deadline for joining was 2/1/2014 US notation.

We have less than 2 months to produce, 13 prints. April 1, 2014 is our ship to me date, from all over the world. If you live on the moon, ship earlier.

We had one full dropout, one maybe dropout and 2 added.

So 13 prints covers us all.

I need to get started myself!

Here is the list again.

Randy Moe
    Tim, ScottPhotoCo
    Jason Philbrook jp498
    Bob Mann
    billie williams
    David MDM
    Jim Graves (maybe)
    jb7
    Ivan redrockcoulee
    Paul Ward ataim
    Jody S Jody_S

Colin Robertson
    stray_227

Ask general questions here, let's keep it all on permanent record.

If you need my mailing address, please PM me.

I will post another update in a month.

Thanks everyone!

Don't know how anyone else is progressing, but just to keep this thread alive-
    I've been printing today. A couple of thoughts on the process. First, I found it hard to make myself print 12 (actually 14, in case of defects) identical images. I kept wanting to wander off, and try burning the sky just a little more to see how it looked, and maybe just tweaking the foreground a touch. So, having a couple of spares means I can weed out anything too different to the rest.
    Secondly, what an interesting size 5x7 is! I always thought 10x8 would be the smallest size could live with as a contact print. Not so- 5x7 is very pleasing.
    My prints need a little spotting- the negative is Fomapan 100, which I love, but it has just a couple of small defects. With luck I'll do that this coming week.
    Then I have to decide how to present them- are we looking at mounted prints? How's everyone else thinking of doing it?

I love 5x7 and find myself constantly cropping digital to 5x7 or square, in my copy work.

I am sure variations will be expected. Nobody would know except me and I won't tell!

Mounting is your option. No fancy frames and please make the mount no bigger than 8x10 so they all fit in cheap mailers.

I keep changing my image, so I have no idea yet what I will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Robertson View Post
    Don't know how anyone else is progressing, but just to keep this thread alive-
    I've been printing today. A couple of thoughts on the process. First, I found it hard to make myself print 12 (actually 14, in case of defects) identical images. I kept wanting to wander off, and try burning the sky just a little more to see how it looked, and maybe just tweaking the foreground a touch. So, having a couple of spares means I can weed out anything too different to the rest.
    Secondly, what an interesting size 5x7 is! I always thought 10x8 would be the smallest size could live with as a contact print. Not so- 5x7 is very pleasing.
    My prints need a little spotting- the negative is Fomapan 100, which I love, but it has just a couple of small defects. With luck I'll do that this coming week.
    Then I have to decide how to present them- are we looking at mounted prints? How's everyone else thinking of doing it?

Hi Randy. I know what you mean- I had a short list of images I kept looking at.
    Today I made up my mind I had to take a decision, otherwise it would be Christmas again and I'd still be looking for 'the perfect image'.

Prints will go in the post tomorrow!
    Cheers Randy.

OK, but the deadline is still April 1st.

I am about to send everybody a reminder.

Better early than late!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Robertson View Post
    Prints will go in the post tomorrow!
    Cheers Randy.

Hello 5x7 print exchange group, Year 1!

This is a reminder that we now have less than a month to complete and send our 13 prints.

Here is the list again.

Randy Moe
    Tim, ScottPhotoCo
    Jason Philbrook jp498
    Bob Mann
    billie williams
    David MDM
    Jim Graves (maybe)
    jb7
    Ivan redrockcoulee
    Paul Ward ataim
    Jody S Jody_S

Colin Robertson
    stray_227

Will the prints be displayed here?

It's up to our group. The whole idea is to see actual prints in hand and not simply look at digital representation.

So after we all share within our group, I will ask the group, what THEY want.

It may be some do and some don't.

It will not be a majority rule vote. It will be individual choice and I think each individual has the responsibility to do the posting, if they want to.

It will not be up to me.

I think that's the only fair way.

If I am wrong, please advise me. Group members only, need apply.

Quote Originally Posted by gth View Post
    Will the prints be displayed here?