Thread: Images for book to be published

Images for book to be published

Hi. Do any of you guys have experience with supplying their images for use in a published book(s)? I doubt there is much to be made off it. I assume it just falls under a limited usage rights agreement.

I was contacted by a woman who will be releasing a published book in 2014 & is interested in my images for photo content. The book will be published by History Press and is about the history and sites of the nation's capital. She had also published a book in 2011 and was a VP at Lockheed Martin for 17 years...so she look legit. We live about 20 min away from each other and will be meeting after the holidays to discuss the book.

Thanks for reading.
    Greg

Re: Images for book to be published

No replies, but I figured I would give an update.

We met & the book will be released in May. The title is still undetermined. She wanted to only feature images from 1 photographer. We agreed on terms, it will be about 20 or so images in total and my image of the Capitol Building for the front cover. She will pay me directly on a per image rate based on how many get used in the book.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Congratulations on being published, regardless of the royalties! Work can be valued in ways beyond money, (although it's nice to have food on the table and film in the camera too...)
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    Congratulations on being published, regardless of the royalties! Work can be valued in ways beyond money, (although it's nice to have food on the table and film in the camera too...)
    Mark, thank you. She should be nice to work with. I'm looking forward to it.