Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Aussie LF workers out there??

Any Aussie LF workers out there??

Hi guys and girls. I'm a new LF worker having only purchased my first camera (Shen-Hao) a couple of months ago. I've been going through all the posts on this forum and have found a wealth of knowledge which I am very greatfull for. There appears to be a huge amount of US photographers contributing and I have been feasting my eyes on some magnificant websites but as yet haven't seen too many Australian photographers (only name I recognize is Walter Glover). Just wondering how many of you are out there and I would love to see some images from fellow Aussies. So if you feel like saying G'Day and posting a link to your website, I would love to see your stuff. Cheers, Cam.

Hi Cameron, welcome to LF!

I remember posting a similar question about a year ago on the net and I was surprised how many replies I had recieved. Maybe youre thinking the same thing I was - there has to be someone else around this part of town.

Always good to meet a Photographer from your own neck of the woods eh... I dont have any work posted on a website but im sure some do.

Where abouts in Australia are you?

Cameron, "g'day mate"! There's a few LF Aussies out there, City and "beyond the black stump" based. I haven't got a web site and don't even own a scanner, but if you ever get to the South of W.A ( Western Australia, for any foreigners reading ) I'll show you a few good locations if you like landscapes and seascapes. Where are you based? Mike

Hi ya Cameron, "How's it going, eh! As a fellow "Common Wealther", welcome to the world of LF! Like you Aussies, there is a very small group of us Canucks spread across the Great White North. If I come down there can you show me some sites?....and versa visa of course!

Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome guys. Mike and Enrico, to answer your question, I am based in Brisbane, Queensland. I will definitely take you up on your offer if I get down to the south of WA Mike. Andrew, I would love to show you around my neck of the woods if you ever come down this way and I would LOVE to get to Canada sometime. For those of you interested in seeing some of my images please check out my website. The site has a variety of images, mainly wildlife and landscape. My decision to go LF was made by my not being happy with the quality of landscape images I was getting from either 35mm or even the panoramic images I was creating with a Hasselblad X-Pan. As yet there are no LF images on there - haven't taken enough yet. I'm planning on doing a complete re-design of my site when I have more LF landscapes to show. Cheers, Cam. http://www.wildfirephotos.com.au

Hi and welcome. I'm in the Melbourne area (Olinda in the Dandenongs) and shoot mostly ULF.

Hey Cam,

Checked out your website. Really nice work! Will you be doing mainly colour LF? Which part of Africa were those desert photos taken? Is that the south west coast? What was it like photographing in Africa? Any problems? That's one place I'd love to go to. I was in Brisbane in '99 for my friends wedding. He's up in Cairns. Went up and down east coast and even made it to Uluru. I got some real treasures with my LF camera when I was in Australia. Can't wait to go back....

Maaaaaaate ......

Welcome to LF.

On your way through to see Mike in Albany, drop into Kalgoorlie and see me too. It's only a small detour of 1600km or so if you're driving across the Nullabor. Check out what's here before you come on the web site - www.scenebyhird.com.

How do you like the Shen Hao?

Cheers,

Hi again, Andrew, sounds like you seen a bit more of Oz than I have, I'm yet to make it to the Red Centre. The desert shots in Africa were taken in Namibia (Namib Desert), a totally amazing place. I would love to head back there with a 4x5. Some of the sand dunes are 300m high! I didn't have any problems photographing while I was there as I went with a photo tour so everything was organised really well. Mike....Maaaaaate! Kalgoorlie sounds like a happening place and looking at the pics on your site would be well worth the detour. Loved the lightning shots. You could give Peter Jarver a run for his money with some of those shots. Shame we won't see any new shots from Peter due to his passing away a little while ago. For those of you not familiar with Peter's work take a look at his site. http://www.peterjarver.com/ Cheers, Cam.

Hi Cameron,

There's no getting away from me. I'm in Sydney but will be taking a run up noirth soon. Still at Ted's?

For those who might not be familiar with Cameron's work he pushes the boundaries on inventing new and varied looks in pictures of models. Hopefully part of his LF work will be in this genre also.

Good to see you made the choice.