Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Aussie LF workers out there??

Any Aussie LF workers out there??

I have just returned from a trip to Tasmania last month and thought it might be interesting to introduce you guys to a fantastic photo gallery. Its just at the entrance of Cradle Mountain:

http://www.thewildernessgallery.com/default.asp?action=article&ID=27

Some of the exhibits are taken using 4x5, don't miss it, when you are there the next time!

Michael Hewson

G'day folks - I'm a LF newbie in Brisbane. Wista 4*5. Learning the craft - but I don't just get the time to take as many photos I need to improve. But enjoying the conversiuon from 35 mm. Catch up perhaps. regards

Hey Walter. Yep, seems just about every photography forum I check out, there you are. I am planning on doing some 5x4" work with models after I have had a bit more time getting used to working with the LF system and I've just ordered a Fujinon A 240mm f9.0 from Badger to do some portrait/fashion work. Yes, I am still at Ted's. I remember you used to come in a bit when you came up from Sydney not long after I started working there, some 11 years ago! If your in the city when your in BrisVegas next, drop in and say hi. Cheers, Cam.

G'day, Cameron.

I'm in Tasmania and shoot 4x5. I don't have much of it on the web but my good friend John Mclaine who also shoots 4x5 and 6x7 has a lot of his stuff up. Search for him in the photo net galleries.

Have fun.

Matt

Hi Cameron,

I have been using large format since I discovered it at Art School in the mid eighties, I was lucky enough to be given a Crown Graphic by my father to use bushwalking and to be able to borrow whole kits from the school. Have been hooked ever since... Large format is still the most used and loved of my cameras... I shoot in 4 x 5 (Ebony), black & white and colour / digital and analogue printing... I currently live in the Blue Mountains and am moving to the southern highlands next month... you can peruise some of my work at the Komung gallery website... www.komung.com - Have just recently started tutoring photographers and running workshops... prefer to work in the fine art end of the business... I am just about to start my doctorate in teaching photography... I always enjoy meeting fellow large format photographers... Have sold quite a large number of prints over the years, which supports my creative habit... If you are ever passing drop in...

Len Metcalf

Leonard Murray Metcalf BA Dip Ed MEd

Len's gallery lenmetcalf.com

Lens School

Lens Journal

View Camera is now availale in Australia.

scott@mainlinephoto.com.au

Hi - I shoot on a master tech - mostly colour work - There seems to be quite a few of us - maybe we should make a contact list ?

happy to do it on my site anthonyroach.com as i am in the process of updating my site - drop me a line if you have a web site and wanna be listed - cheers Anthony

HI Cameron...good to see your going to the large format and getting away from the Brownie camera you have been using for so long. We "Australian" photographers don't seem to blow our own trumpets as much as the Yanks and it's time WE did...Australian photography is up there with the best and people need to be educated about it...so keep shooting you little camcorder.