Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Large format in the wild!

Re: Large format in the wild!

Well, again no photo and I've mentioned this once here before, but I did run into fellow LFFR Eric Biggerstaff "out in the wilds" east of Amarillo, TX about a year ago. I was stopping by an old farm silo site (that I'd photographed before) on an early foggy morning, hoping to get a few 8x10 negs for pt/pd printing.

As I drove down the dirt road to the place, I noticed someone moving around an SUV parked there, thinking it might be the owners (huh oh!) until I got close enough to see a tripod set up near his car. Wasn't I surprised to see Eric, whom I didn't know before this encounter, with his Zone VI 4x5 set up and working away!

We had a nice little chat, enjoyed the improbability of meeting another LF shooter in such an out of the way place, then said goodbye and went on about our morning travels.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybro View Post
    Hey, that could have me!
    ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC4508.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	107046

Fujiroid of me in Yosemite getting a 16x20 plate for the Octotych…

Ed Ross

Re the Tillman Crane retreat - Johnstown, NY is less than 45 minutes from my parents' house - thanks for posting and I'm going to try and make this. There's lots of decrepit stuff to shoot in the Mohawk Valley, too. Though there very well could be snow then, too.

I've walked up and down the valleys of the Olympics. I've climbed the ridges and explored the meadows of the N. Cascades. I've searched for landscape shots all over Idaho and Montana, including Yellowstone...

But I've never come across another LF photographer. Not one. Anywhere. My whole life.

I figure it's just a matter of time, and when it happens, my first comment will probably be, "My friend, I've been wondering where you've been."

Meantime, it's fun to see these images.

Gives me hope that I'm not alone in the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroique View Post
    I've walked up and down the valleys of the Olympics. I've climbed the ridges and explored the meadows of the N. Cascades. I've searched for landscape shots all over Idaho and Montana, including Yellowstone...

But I've never come across another LF photographer. Not one. Anywhere. My whole life.

I figure it's just a matter of time, and when it happens, my first comment will probably be, "My friend, I've been wondering where you've been."

Meantime, it's fun to see these images.

Gives me hope that I'm not alone in the universe!
    What a great line!! May I steal it? Who knows, perhaps I'll be saying it to you? Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by life_in_sepia View Post
    Fujiroid of me in Yosemite getting a 16x20 plate for the Octotych…

Hah! Doesn't your wood working biker friend come with you often? Gah I'm blanking on his name, but he's on Instagram... Lol! Post him!

For the Dutch Analog Forum (Dutch only, sorry guys). We organize meetings from time to time. And sometimes we pick a theme for the meeting. This was for the "Anything larger than 35mm meeting".

P2013-031.jpg by HoodedOne, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC4508.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	107046
    Wonder if I could get away with a crown graphic at the Long Beach GP, it's usually pretty crowded but there are some bridge vantage spots that would work... Maybe my 6x9 back and some Ektar otherwise I'd go broke. Thanks for the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick13 View Post
    Wonder if I could get away with a crown graphic at the Long Beach GP, it's usually pretty crowded but there are some bridge vantage spots that would work... Maybe my 6x9 back and some Ektar otherwise I'd go broke. Thanks for the idea
    If you're at the beach you might be able to clear a spot, show up after not shaving for a week, don't comb your hair after getting up in the morning and walk with a gimp, mumble to yourself, and drool a little, then you'll have a nice scenic view with no one in your frame lines