Thread: Rocky Mountain Park & Indian Peaks Wilderness

Rocky Mountain Park & Indian Peaks Wilderness

hey y'all...

heading off to RMNP from 31 august - 04 september. i plan on seeing bear lake, dream lake, emerald lake & sprague lake in the park and mirror lake in the indian peaks wilderness area.

do any of you have other suggestions for nice spots?

any great sunset locations? it seems everything i come across says sunrise is best. i've got my mornings planned, but i really don't know where to be each evening!

thanks for any tips, scott

The road to bear lake is getting redone right now, to get to bear, and dream you will have to park a little before sprague lake and take their stupid shuttle up to bear and hike the rest. the problem is that they dont start the shuttle until 5:30 am, so getting sunrise shots come a little harder. sprague looks real good right now and you dont have to fight that shuttle bus. a couple of other places to hit are chasm falls( the park will show you how to get there, but it is by car- no hiking needed) and there are a lot of cascades about 2 miles before chasm. Moraine park is really nice right now ( hallett peak and longs are in that shot)anyway hope you have a great time and let me know how it went, we got a ton of snow there on friday and trail ridge road closed for a day. ( not sure if you live in this area so sorry if you do and you knew that) take care, Rick

Gee, Scott, I could point you to two other forums where a similar topic is being discussed, but I would only embarass myself further. Hope you have a safe and productive trip.

rick... thanks for the tips, and for the record, i live in dallas and can't fathom getting 'a ton of snow' in late august!

rich... seems we frequent the same neighborhoods! i decided to really get after some advice from the locals since i have but one day before i leave.