Page 359 of 843 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 8424

Thread: MF (6x4.5,6x6,6x7,6x9,6x12) B&W film images sharing

Re: MF (6x4.5,6x6,6x7,6x9,6x12) B&W film images sharing

Great images Bryan. The first one has some drama for me. Feels like what one would find in the southeast coastal US.

Thanks. It's funny, just 5-6 years ago I absolutely HATED palmettos and the swamps of southern GA, MS, and FL, finding them so boring compared to picturesque mountain scenes from Adams, et al. Now I love it and miss the swamps after moving. I am looking forward to some LF and ULF shooting at this place next year.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

John Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Thanks. It's funny, just 5-6 years ago I absolutely HATED palmettos and the swamps of southern GA, MS, and FL, finding them so boring compared to picturesque mountain scenes from Adams, et al. Now I love it and miss the swamps after moving. I am looking forward to some LF and ULF shooting at this place next year.
    Very nice stuff and congratulations on finding a new best place to shoot. (Congratulations on having a patient wife, too.)

John Olsen

Thanks for the comment about the Molson shot. Right after that some crazy guy insisted on standing next to me and gabbing non-stop, so I packed up and explored Eastward on the Chesaw Road, finding this spot.
    I used the last of my film here and never would have discovered it if that guy hadn't been so annoying. Maybe the photo-gods sent him to chase me away to a new location?

Rollei infrared film, scanned from Ilford print.

[IMG]R3f7Chesaw Road I LFF by John Olsen, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks John, and nice shots yourself!

Good stuff, Bryan!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Yes, good stuff Bryan.

Thanks Peter and tuco!

One more image for tonight. Shot this to finish up a roll - back working on this new project I started photographing old computer parts. This is the huge heat sink inside one of my Macintosh G4 computers that I am rebuilding.

Pentax 67ii, 135mm f/4 Macro lens + extension helical, Speedotron light up high and to the right, Acros 100 dev'd in Pyrocat:

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    The day after Christmas I spent the whole day hiking along the gulf coast of Mississippi, near Gautier and Ocean Springs. I love the MS coast and my mom is moving there this coming year so I am planning on some long-term trips to visit and photograph.

One of the places I discovered, which I had never realized was there, was the Gulf Islands National Seashore. This place is a national park with some interesting salt marshes and coastal savannas. Near the end of the day my wife was wore slap out but we came out from a little off-trail hike into a positively beautiful little bayou. I had gotten a bit wore out too so I only had my Nikon F3 but I immediately turned around and went all the way back to the car to get my medium format gear!! Ran back to the location while she waited in the car and ripped through several rolls of film. Saw lots of compositions all within 10 or 15 feet of each other. I could spend days just right in that bayou!

Anyway, here's two images from the excursion. Both taken with my Mercury Universal Camera, in 2x3 configuration with a Horseman 6x9 back and Schneider 38mm XL. Shot on Acros 100 dev'd in Pyrocat 1:1:100 N+1:
    First one is a winner for me. I like the way you framed the background tree under the limb of the foreground one. I also like the consistency of the foreground with what I guess are the saw palmettos... we don't have anything like that around these parts.

Thanks! Yep those are saw palmettos. Ubiquitous and sometimes hard to compose with, but I like how you can get up on them with wide angles to give them weight in the composition. Kind of like audience members at the edge of a stage.