Thread: Lens Samples Gallery

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Lens Samples Gallery

Suggested by "professional" in another thread. Sounds like a good idea to me so why not? I'll start off with an image created with a 250mm Rodenstock Imagon on a 4x5 field camera:

This was shot at H5.7 (~f5.6) with the disk fully open. I took this last January outside the Japanese Tea Gardens in San Francisco and it was one of the first images that I have created with this marvelous SF lens. Shown printed on Ilford Art 300. Fuji Across was the film.

Thomas

Re: Lens Samples Gallery

Thank you very much that you are interested in my thread, but i mean that each lens has their own thread, so this one your posted should be in a Rodenstock 250 Imagon one, it will be too much and confused if we gather and combine all the lenses in one thread, so why not you just rename this thread with the name of this lens, anyone who has this lens can post here and keep going, or you prefer it to be in one place for all lenses.

I was thinking if this section can be a sub-forum or sub section under the name of lens Samples or Examples gallery, and this section only has lists of lenses names each in its own thread.

Tareq

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Well that would be ok with me and the moderators have my permission to rename this thread accordingly.

That said, I don't think a seprerate thread for each lens is a good idea because you would have to do a search for a specific lens. Having all lens in a single thread make them more accessible for people like me who otherwise would have little incentive for looking for an image shot with an "X" lens. It would be more interesting, IMO, to be introduced to a lens that you never know existed or vaguly heard about by viewing images posted in a single thread.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    Well that would be ok with me and the moderators have my permission to rename this thread accordingly.

That said, I don't think a seprerate thread for each lens is a good idea because you would have to do a search for a specific lens. Having all lens in a single thread make them more accessible for people like me who otherwise would have little incentive for looking for an image shot with an "X" lens. It would be more interesting, IMO, to be introduced to a lens that you never know existed or vaguly heard about by viewing images posted in a single thread.

Thomas

Hmmmm, why not, if you think it is better this way then why not, for me i was preferring the other way as i mentioned, because i can imagine of i come to this thread with over 300 pages and use search for this thread then ending up with many links i have to click to direct me to that post for that lens i was looking for, this can take longer time than i just find the name of the lens thread and then i can see all the images of that particular lens in one thread individually, we can discuss that on my thread of lens sample if your idea/point is better, i welcome all suggestions.