Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Lenses samples gallery???

Re: Lenses samples gallery???

You just need to get out and shoot, I am going to bed now, did a time exposure for a project with a temperature of 3F, Brrr...sure feels different at night with no sun on you..:-)

There are lots of threads in the gallery section in which people shoot and then post like you say, but they don't go completely nuts filling the web with it like the digital folks do, 4x5 is $1-3 per shot and it has to be scanned. Generally speaking, people on this forum post images in sections that have to do with what the photograph is about, not what it was taken with with a few exceptions like the use of infrared films, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    I keep watching those images sections and for many images there i keep asking myself which lens was used for that, so it will make it more easier and even better category if lenses can have their own gallery section as i saw it on one forum of digital.
    Why? Isn't it more important to take note of the light, the tones, the composition and the talent behind the shot? I think it is pretty safe to say when a wide, normal or a bit of a telephoto lens was used, well the differences are obvious then, right? Do you see what I am getting at here.....?....I am trying to say that you should get off of the forums and get out the door and go make images. One very, very sad thing about the internet is that it makes people dream more than they ever have and live less than they ever have, their whole world becomes the internet....digital this, gadget that, a virtual life with no real tactile substance.

You can do what ever you want, start what ever thread you want, but at the end of the day......you have one life sir, live it for real...not always on the internet pouring over photos that people post because they want to hear that feel good commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome25 View Post
    You just need to get out and shoot, I am going to bed now, did a time exposure for a project with a temperature of 3F, Brrr...sure feels different at night with no sun on you..:-)

There are lots of threads in the gallery section in which people shoot and then post like you say, but they don't go completely nuts filling the web with it like the digital folks do, 4x5 is $1-3 per shot and it has to be scanned. Generally speaking, people on this forum post images in sections that have to do with what the photograph is about, not what it was taken with with a few exceptions like the use of infrared films, etc.

Why? Isn't it more important to take note of the light, the tones, the composition and the talent behind the shot? I think it is pretty safe to say when a wide, normal or a bit of a telephoto lens was used, well the differences are obvious then, right? Do you see what I am getting at here.....?....I am trying to say that you should get off of the forums and get out the door and go make images. One very, very sad thing about the internet is that it makes people dream more than they ever have and live less than they ever have, their whole world becomes the internet....digital this, gadget that, a virtual life with no real tactile substance.

You can do what ever you want, start what ever thread you want, but at the end of the day......you have one life sir, live it for real...not always on the internet pouring over photos that people post because they want to hear that feel good commentary.
    Good night Sir and sweet dreams!!!

Name: ______William Booth

I did not read through this thread in its entirety, and I know you're after the "artistic" qualities of lenses as opposed to detail rendition/sharpness, but I always found the following article interesting: http://www.hevanet.com/cperez/test/BigMash210.html

Seems like images of the same scene do the best job of showcasing the differences among a set of lenses, but I support the idea of posting lens details along with any posted image for the sake of associating characteristics with a lens maker/model.

-William

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought that maybe it would be pictures of lenses...

Why not start posting images of the lenses themselves, and then associated with a single image that you took with it to show the qualities.

Then people will get to see some really unique old and hard to find lenses and be able to see what they look like. I think that would be kind of interesting.

But I also agree that you should really just get out and shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    When I first saw the title of this thread I thought that maybe it would be pictures of lenses...

Why not start posting images of the lenses themselves, and then associated with a single image that you took with it to show the qualities.

Then people will get to see some really unique old and hard to find lenses and be able to see what they look like. I think that would be kind of interesting.

But I also agree that you should really just get out and shoot.
    Great idea, we will have time to go out and shoot or even shoot inside [interior], but no one need to wait others to go out to post, i may take long time to go out to shoot due to my situations then why people stop posting then, i am not the only one will post on lenses threads.

Also i like the idea of posting the lenses themselves pictures, i am going to do that very soon with 2 threads i started, and hope it may help, but i didn't see others started another threads for lenses they are interested in or would like to post within, so i feel like it is only me who will start threads, there is one of Petzval and it is going great, so it wasn't that difficult to start another lens thread, but sound there is something missing members here didn't understand yet.

Great idea, we will have time to go out and shoot or even shoot inside [interior], but no one need to wait others to go out to post, i may take long time to go out to shoot due to my situations then why people stop posting then, i am not the only one will post on lenses threads.

Also i like the idea of posting the lenses themselves pictures, i am going to do that very soon with 2 threads i started, and hope it may help, but i didn't see others started another threads for lenses they are interested in or would like to post within, so i feel like it is only me who will start threads, there is one of Petzval and it is going great, so it wasn't that difficult to start another lens thread, but sound there is something missing members here didn't understand yet.
    Why start a new thread, this thread is here right now, why not just start posting images now, here...

Why start a new thread, this thread is here right now, why not just start posting images now, here...
    No, this thread here is to discuss about if starting a lens gallery is a good idea and how to start and what to post or suggestions and such......, then when the idea is there and it is worthy then we start threads in Images sharing section, here it will be very general about all lenses because it is not specified, but there we can choose name of lens or type or model for lenses, this will make it better, for example Graphlex lenses thread, Petzval lens thread which is availble long time ago, Kodak Ektar 135mm, Schneider SA 90mm, Cookce, Fujinon W model....etc

No, this thread here is to discuss about if starting a lens gallery is a good idea and how to start and what to post or suggestions and such......, then when the idea is there and it is worthy then we start threads in Images sharing section, here it will be very general about all lenses because it is not specified, but there we can choose name of lens or type or model for lenses, this will make it better, for example Graphlex lenses thread, Petzval lens thread which is availble long time ago, Kodak Ektar 135mm, Schneider SA 90mm, Cookce, Fujinon W model....etc
    Oh I see, so you're saying that you want to start a gallery, not a photo thread, are there galleries here on LFF?? I only thought they were photo threads? I thought only APUG had galleries.

Please forgive my ignorance, I mostly only access through my phone, so I don't get to see the full website often, but that's mostly because 1. I am not near a computer often, and 2. because I find the site very difficult to navigate and it's just much easier using my Tapatalk app

Oh I see, so you're saying that you want to start a gallery, not a photo thread, are there galleries here on LFF?? I only thought they were photo threads? I thought only APUG had galleries.

Please forgive my ignorance, I mostly only access through my phone, so I don't get to see the full website often, but that's mostly because 1. I am not near a computer often, and 2. because I find the site very difficult to navigate and it's just much easier using my Tapatalk app
    It is ok, no porblem there and no need to ask for forgiveness, i may have problem to explain/clarify my points sometimes.

Well, yes, gallery of lens mentioned to be the thread about it or thread title, so if i enter that lens thread then i know that all images/photos posted there are from that lens, and here i will not care much about which camera used, if the members mentioned the camera type and film and developer those will be a big plus or bonus.