Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bellow Maker in US

Bellow Maker in US

I am referbing a Deardorff 4x5 Special and am interested in replacing the bellows. I am visited camerabellows.com, but I was wondering if there are U.S. bellow makers.

Thanks

Bellow Maker in US

If you call the guys at Lens and Repro they will give you the number for Western Bellows.

Bellow Maker in US

You can contact Jim Ormond at;

Westernbellows@aol.com

Bellow Maker in US

I recently saw an ad in the photo.net classified for custom made bellows.

Bellow Maker in US

There are several bellows makers in the U.S., but Camera Bellows has many satisfied customers, including myself.

Bellow Maker in US

Flexible Products in Largo, Florida (a few miles from Tampa) makes bellows (their claim to fame was that they made bellows for Clyde Butcher). Their work has gotten mixed reviews. They made a bellows for me but used a material that was took thick to allow the camera to fold up. They were very nice, offered to make another at no charge using thinner material. However, I sold the camera before having them do that so I don't know how it would have worked out. I was kind of surprised they didn't know the proper material to begin with but it was a Technikardan, which has a 20 or so inch bellows that needs to compress to about an inch, so maybe they just weren't used to something with that tight a tolerance.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Bellow Maker in US

Matthew,

Talk to Jim at Western Bellows, he just finished a set of bellows for me for my Kodak Masterview 8x10 not cheap but the cameras good for another 30/40 years. I hope film lasts that long and so do I. He is a great guy, and oh plan time to talk to him on the phone. While my camera was at WB 3 more Kodaks came in 2 from NY and one from OH for rebellowing, I was told that I can't tell you who they came from but I think you can figure it out. The work is great and the material is better than new. As a matter of fact when I went to pick up the camera he was just finishing it up It is nice to see someone work at their craft. We had a chance to talk while he worked.

Jan Pietrzak

Octogenarian

Bellow Maker in US

Hi Matthew,

Check out Turner Bellows, in Rochester, NY. (www.turnerbellows.com). They made a replacement bellows for my Omega D2 enlarger. Good service. Reasonable price. Fine workmanship.

Bellow Maker in US

Western Bellows did a great job replacing the bellows on my DD special, you can't go wrong with them. They were an OEM supplier.

Bellow Maker in US

Western Bellows did a great job on the bellows for my 'Dorff 8x10. I highly recommend them.

DG